The Gifts

Today is the day I get my stitches out. I will still need the bandage to keep the wound clean.

I was getting to go out with my mom to the hospital when the door was knocked on. I went to open the door and standing their was a florist.

"Is a Hailey Morgan here?" The man asked .I nodded. "I'm Hailey." I replied. He smiled politely and handed me a beautiful flower arrangement.

"Have great day Miss Hailey." He said tipping his head to both my mom and I.

 We nodded in returned and wished him a blessed day.

I looked at the flowers. It looked like something someone gives to someone you love.

"There is a card on it." Mom said. I grabbed the card. "Get Well Soon." I flipped it over. "I'm so happy to have you in my life." I read out.

OK???

I shrugged with my mom and went to put them inside.

____

When I got back there was letters on the table.

"Hey Hails they arrived for you today in the mail." Dad said. I nodded and went to sit with my family to start dinner. Pizza.

I opened them, and then I opened the last one and I saw a cute bunny on the cover. In side was the beginning of terror for me.

"I am so happy you're mine." I read out aloud...

I looked at my family... "Is that from Milo?" My mom asked. I shook my head. I looked at my dad, and held it to my dad.... "It's from Enzo." I said. He took it.

"I wouldn't worry. I'll speak with him tomorrow." My dad said. I nodded.

We all held hands and my dad blessed the food.

I ate with my parents and went to my room to be on my laptop.

___-

The next day I waited patiently for my father to finish with his meetings. 

When he came home I rushed to him.

 "Well?" I asked. He smiled. "There was just a miscommunication. He thinks of us all as family. We let him into our lives when no one else would. Not even his own family. That's all. He sees you like a sister." He said. "Did he say that he saw me like a sister?" I asked shocked. I thought it was something else.

"Not in many words. But that's the way he is. A man of few words." He said. I nodded, feeling a bit guilty that I over thought this. Its nothing.

Little did I know we was all wrong