What is the KIS Awards?

The KIS Awards is a way to highlight exceptional literary work from the best mature romance authors on Wattpad.  As many of you may know, authors of mature content in general (across all genres) have a difficult time getting their work visible and congratulated for their amazing work. Mature content in the Romance genre gets a bum rap on Wattpad, and the genre itself suffers a stigma where the myth of romance books lack clever literary devices and/or substance.

Readers of romance know that is simply not the case and many romance readers on Wattpad have found many authors whose work they enjoy.

This is a positive celebration of these authors and to allow the community to step up and give kudos to great mature romance writers. So whether you're a seasoned vet with tons of sizzling stories, or you're new to Wattpad and just venturing out, we want to appreciate and celebrate you!

The KIS Awards stands for "Keeping It Steamy" and we want your work to sizzle. Not just sizzling sex scenes, but your entire prose to burn off the "pages!"  Let us connect to your characters. Enthrall us with a plot twist. Make your readers think.  Have fun! That is what we expect from the participants of the KIS Awards. 

Prizes

All Winners for each category will receive the following:

- A "Winner" badge to place on their book

- A shout out announcement from this profile page and all the judges' profile page

- Your book and Bio added to the "KIS Hall of Fame" Book to help promote your story.

Reader's Choice Award

In addition to the above prizes:

- Custom Wattpad profile banner to commemorate your accomplishment

- All KIS judges will add votes to one of your books, increasing your book's visibility

Categories

Best in Genre

Each Sub-genre of romance will have a winner. If you write some badass erotica, prove it :)  If you're a fan of sexy vampires and creatures of the night, now's your time to shine!  We want readers to be amazed at what you bring to the table! So bring your A-game and aim to reign in your genre :)

Sub-Genres:

 - New Adult

- Paranormal (Vampires, Werewolves, Angels, etc.)

- Historical

- Suspense

- Erotic

- Sci-Fi

- Contemporary (older characters than "new adult" in modern setting)

Steamiest Couple - #KISCouple

When have you ever participated in a contest where we give kudos to your sexiest romantic couple in a book?  Probably never, but we're gonna do it! Why?  Because this is what romance is all about--those couples that we fall in love with. The ones we connect with and want them to have the world!  We want your couple to heat up your story and leave a lasting impression! Round, engaging characters with lovable sex appeal are the lifeblood of any great romance story, so enter your book and we'll see what they got!

 The ones we connect with and want them to have the world!  We want your couple to heat up your story and leave a lasting impression! Round, engaging characters with lovable sex appeal are the lifeblood of any great romance story, so enter your bo...

One-Shot Sizzler - #KISOneShot

This award is for the author who knows how to make a sexy short story! Short and far from sweet--but keeps us engaged and wishing it was a little bit longer (that's what she said) If you have a racy, panty-dropping, up against the wall one-shot story, then we want to read it! 

How long is a one-shot? 

Hmm, good question. I don't like to put word count because I don't like creative limitations, but try to keep it to 5000 words or less.

KIS Reader's Choice

Aww yeah!  We simply cannot and will not forget the fabulous readers who love and admire our work! I bet they would like to give some love for their favorite authors.  This is about putting the power in the hands of the readers and letting them vote for the participants.  All authors who enter into the KIS Awards will automatically be nominated for our Reader's Choice category (No tagging needed).  When voting opens, be sure to campaign to your readers to come and vote for you!

  When voting opens, be sure to campaign to your readers to come and vote for you!

Sounds like some fun?  Good! We hope so. You need to have fun, it's good for the creative process. You know what's also good for the creative process? 

Sex.

There, I said it. It isn't a bad word. And good thing we're celebrating it ;)