Sooo, You Wanna Be a KIS Judge...

Wanna be a badass, eh? Cool.

Lemme tell ya, being a judge ain't no game, Flash. We're talking some love and commitment to the cause and having a load of fun doing it.

Without you, this contest wouldn't work...or if it did, it would be horrible. Because I'd be doing everything. So take shine to that.

I need you and not ashamed to admit it :)

Now, with that said, I have to give you the lay of the land so you have full disclosure of what I'm looking for, and what you're agreeing to do.

Rule#1 : Judges are prohibited from entering in the KIS Awards. No exceptions.

Duties of a KIS Awards Judge:

1. Read and Score the stories. You'll have plenty of time to it ( A whole month!), but I need your commitment to complete it.

You will need to score your stories in the following categories:

- Plot Development

- Character Chemistry

- Strong romantic elements

- Pacing

- Dialogue

- Writing Craft

Don't worry, you'll have a "scorecard" to use and keep track of your data for each book.

Out of your story assignment, you should also nominate at least one for "Steamiest Couple"

2. While you are judging, you will be privy to other's scoring and ranking. Mums the word during our judging process. Consider ourselves a secret society doing awesomeness in the void of digital oblivion...in other words, please don't shoot your mouth off to contestants on the rankings. Credibility is paramount in contests and if details are disclosed way before they should, no one would trust participating in this contest again. Let's not do that.

3. For the Reader's Choice Award, all judges will be required to read and vote on 1 book of the winner's choosing.  This will increase their book's visibility as a reward. Once the winner is announced, they will inform us what book they have selected for us to read.  Please add it to your reading list, read and vote on each chapter.

Personality of a KIS Judge

Judging is not about personal preference, it's about maintaining an objective mentality on the work you are reviewing. It's important to remain open and judge a book through the eyes of a reader. A judge needs to acknowledge their biases and actively work to put them aside. Besides, you may stumble across a book that literally BLOWS YOUR MIND! You don't wanna pass that up because you don't like the author's book cover or choice of name for the heroine. Dig deep and focus on the items you're specifically judging.

I'm looking for fun, objectively centered bibliophiles. You love to read. You enjoy different stories. You may have even written some stories--that's valuable. You adore the romance genre and though you have your favorite tropes and sub-genres, you're open to reading others.

You recognize that this is an opportunity to celebrate awesome Wattpad authors of mature romance and embrace it.

You're responsible and know to contact me immediately if a problem arises or you cannot complete your judging assignments.

You're kindhearted and you believe everyone should be addressed with empathy and respect. I firmly believe that everyone you meet is fighting a battle you have no clue of, so please, no drama, harassment or bullying will be tolerated.

If this sounds like you, then hallelujah I wanna meet you!

Applying to be a KIS Award Judge

Please PM this profile with the following information:

1. How long you've been on Wattpad?

2. Are you a reader, writer or both?

3. What's your favorite romance genre?

4. Why do you want to be a KIS judge?

CALL FOR JUDGES WILL OFFICIALLY START OCT 31, 2016, but I don't need commitment till DEC 1st. If you have interest you're welcome to apply now, but you can wait till DEC. We must have committed judges by that time or this contest will be cancelled.  Spread the word and tag folks in this book if you think they would be interested!

Send that on and we'll be in touch!