Chapter 2

"Nevaeh wake up!" Nathan shook her awake, her needing to get ready for school so neither of them are late.

Sighing she pushed him off and told him to get out while she changed.

She began putting on the school uniform, trying to spice it up in her own way by wearing knee high socks with her surprisingly short beige skirt, her burgundy pillow shirt with the schools label on it yellow, a light yellow cardigan to match the label, and her black petticoat to top it off. She wore small black ankle boots and had light make up on. Her hair in its naturally curly state, dyed a light blonde, almost white color.

Grabbing her school bag, after spraying on perfume, deodorant, and brushing her teeth she rushed down the stairs with Nathan waiting at the bottom, already having his keys in his hands and his bag.

They both walked out of the house and into the car. Before pulling out of the driveway Nevaeh caught glance with the boy next door. His school uniform looking extremely uncomfortable for him and his whipped blonde hair and tied eyes seemed a regular thing for him as he got into his mothers Station Wagon car.

The drive to school seemed deathly silent as neither the two wanted to talk, it being too early in the morning and both of them being too tired to care.

Nathan parked in student parking, getting out followed by his younger sister and hugging her a goodbye and good luck for the day, kissing her forehead and walking off to his friends.

Nevaeh on the other hand didn't have as many friends as Nathan did. In fact, the only person ever close to her really was actually Nathan himself. She seems to loose a lot of people in her life and the easiest way to avoid that, was to have limited people in her life in general.

She walked to her locker, avoiding the stares of others at her uniform of choice hoping it wouldn't bring any teachers attention knowing this would be her millionth demerit

Opening her locker and placing her books she didn't need for the lessons she had later on. After that she grabbed what she did need and headed to her first term which was maths.

She sat in the back, the normal place for "rejects"

Looking down, she pulled out her sketch book, extremely bored.

She began a light sketch of a lotus flower, her favorite.

That was until she felt a presence beside her, looking up, it was the boy in which lived next door to her and played the guitar as well as sang.

Smiling softly she closed her sketch book as the bell rang and the teacher walked in.

Not being very interested Nevaeh opened up had sketch book again, hiding underneath her school book and began the continuation of a song she wrote a few days ago.

And although you're gone

You're still here

And lights flash and memories fade

Because most times

Nothing stays same.

She mumbles softly as she writes the lyrics in her neat handwriting. She felt eyes on her and she looked up, Mr. Wright was walking around the front of the room talking about school uniforms and how the girls aren't supposed to fold the waistband over to make the skirt shorter.

Rolling her eyes at the fact some girls actually do that Nevaeh was about to go back to writing when a tap on her shoulder interrupted her.

It was the boy.

Caught » cthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara