Chapter 3

It was the end of the school day and Nevaeh had been waiting out by Nathan's car for a while now until he finally came out, a girl clinging by his side.

Nevaeh smiled awkwardly at the girl and stepped back away from the passenger seat and to the back seat instead.

"Hey V" he nodded towards his younger sibling

"Hey" she smiled "who's this"

"Oh I'm Kaitlin" she smiled sticking her hand out while her other arm was still wrapped around Nathan's waist.

Nevaeh shook her hand and smiled before getting in the car

"V, dads gone tonight, he should be gone all night but he might come home around 4am so I'm gonna drop you off at home and then I've got places to be alright?"

She simply nodded and looked out the window, seeing Michael, Calum, and Luke talking. Surprisingly considering Michael and Luke basically hated each other.

She shrugged it off, it being none of her business.

One she reached her home she said goodbye to both Nathan and Kaitlin as they drove off leaving her there by herself.

She immediately walked to the kitchen in search for food.

Being lazy and pulling out frozen chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs she popped them in the oven and waited for them to cook.

Whilst waiting she checked social media, a lot of photos of couples from school, or girls taking skimpy photos filled her feed. Rolling her eyes the timer went off indicating her food was ready and she grabbed it before going upstairs to her room almost disappointed to not be met with the familiar tune of the acoustic guitar she loved so much.

She sat at her desk, doing her studies and playing the radio from her phone.

Once she was finished she decided to continue writing and playing music, but before she got the chance to the front door slammed shut.

Looking over at her phone it was nearly 8 o'clock meaning her father shouldn't be home and she figured it was just Nathan.

She grabbed her guitar and began strumming lightly until her bedroom door slammed opening revealing a tired looking father

"Can you shut up for once! I'm trying to sleep and I don't want to hear your untalented whatever the fuck it is you do"

And with that he walked out.

She sighed, not wanting to stop and just wanting to be alone.

She got up and grabbed her phone and bag that she stuffed with her song books and sketch books and walked out of the house.

She began walking towards this small arena type venue that was located in Sydney. It wasn't all that known, considering how small it was and she knew no one was playing there today. She knew one of the guards working there and he would normally let her in and connect her to the sound system and let her sing her heart out. Which is exactly where she's going now.

But once she made it to the venue someone had already occupied it, and she heard the all too familiar voice shed grown to love.

She peeked over the chairs to see Luke and Calum sitting on stools.

Calum began singing and she already knew the song. It was give me love by Ed Sheeran.

Calum sang quietly and shyly until Luke came in during the chorus singing with such passion being slightly louder than cal.

Nevaeh sat down behind one of the chairs in the back and listened closely.

They're talented.

Really talented.

She thought to herself that these boys, given the chance would make it big one day.

She got up from behind the chair and walked, trying not to be seen by the two boys and walked backstage.

She quietly climbed a ladder that led to a bridge across the stage where people would stand and hold lights.

She came here all the time and knew the venue inside out.

She sat down once reaching the top and pulled out her sketch book, drawing a photo of a large arena, similar to the type of Madison Square Garden.

She knew well they'd be able to sell out arenas like that one day (MY HEART MY SOUL OH MY BABIES)

Once Calum and Luke had finished a signing teenage dream by Katy perry (which was quite entertaining) she climbed down the ladder and made her way backstage to find Jon, who was one of the workers at the venue.

She saw him in the back only to be talking with Luke and Calum.

She was about to turn around before he called her name.

"Hey sweet thang haven't seen ya in a while. How's the older V eh?" His thick accent filled her ears as she smiled awkwardly turning back around

"I think he found a girl" she laughed along with Jon who knew exactly what that meant.

"You better watch him" he said still laughing.

"The sound system is already setup, so if you wanna go do your thing you can. We close in an hour though, I'd need you out fast so we can close up"

She nodded thanking him and stealing a glance and Luke and Calum who had already been starring at her. She smiled softly at them before grabbing one of the guitars in the back and walking out on stage, sitting on one of the stools.

Right before she started Luke and Calum walked back out.

"We're you listening to us?" Luke asked nervously butting his slip, shifting his feet and staring at the ground as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Uh, yea I heard you sing Katy perry" she giggled a bit thinking it was funny but both boys seemed extremely shy and embarrassed.

"You're good" she said causing them both to look up, she gulped. "Really good.. If you were given the chance you'd make it big one day kinda good. Like.. Really good" she said it all extremely fast and nervous.

Luke smiled and thanked her, as well as Calum before clearing his throat.

His phone went off causing both Calum and Nevaeh to advert their attention to him as he pulled it out of his pocket.

"Uhm.. Ashtons here" he said obviously directed towards Calum as he nodded.

"Thanks Nevaeh, you're pretty good yourself. Great actually" Luke said smiling and walking off, followed by Calum who said a quick goodbye.

She sighed, slightly embarrassed, seeming as the only encounters she had with the boys was usually awkward.

She pushed it aside and began strumming, singing along to Remembering Sunday by All Time Low.