Chapter Twenty-Three: Artist's Block

8:50 A.M. Florence, Italy

Gwen's POV
      I was walking towards the art museum where I was supposed to be meeting up with my classmates, professor, and the high school group that were a part of this day tour. As I walked through the doors with Dawn and saw our tour guide wave over for us and I walked over. I overheard my professor talking about how I was his finest student or something, and then Hans made an annoying comment my age.

   "Please you're just saying that because she's the youngest." Hans said as I made a face, and smacked him in the back of the head, I watched as he turned and looked at me.

   "Don't be mad because someone three years younger is better than you is better." I said and he rolled his eyes.

        I smirked and then looked ahead at whoever they were talking to and I was shocked. I saw my....friends. I just blinked as I looked at all of them. My mother smiled at me, I glanced at my professor then back at everyone standing front of me. I saw Duncan shocked, but he made a small smile.

  "Hey" I said and everyone and Bridgette pushed past everyone, mostly Duncan and hugged me.

  "School sucks without you." She said and I laughed.

  "We had like one class together." I said and she grabbed my shoulders.

  "It still sucks." She said and I laughed and hugged her.

       After she let go I looked at Duncan, who looked annoyed that Bridgette had pushed past him and I smiled a bit. I walked over to him and crossed my arms. I wanted to tease him a bit, about of course being jealous, as teasing is one my favorite things to do with him.

   "Hey you b-."

        He cut me off by hugging me, and I laughed. I hugged him back and he looked at me.

   "Someone missed me." I said and he laughed while letting go.

   "You could say that." He said and I smiled at him.

        I greeted everyone else, and then walked back over to my classmates. Soon the tour started and we all started walking towards a hallway to start the museum tour. I slowed down my walking pace, so I could walk around the museum with Duncan. He walked up to me and the two of us went through the museum tour together.

    "You guys are going on the tour around Florence as well right?" Duncan asked and I looked at him.

    "Yeah, we're supposed to be getting our last touches of inspiration on this tour." I said and Duncan nodded.

    "How's your project going so far?" He asked, and I sighed.

         He looked at me and raised his eyebrow with a concerned look.

    "....look I'm not the type of girl to get depressed, because they spend too much time away from their boyfriend, family, or anyone I find to be close to me. But...I for someone reason cannot get any inspiration, and it might have to do with not talking to you...." I trailed off and glanced off at Duncan and he was smirking at me. "Oh my god...stop Duncan." I added and he laughed.

    "You're saying you missed me...you grew a heart Gwen." He said and I rolled my eyes.

       The group took a turn and the tour guide started talking more about Italy's history and I glanced over at Duncan, and of course he wasn't paying attention. I didn't blame him, this tour was about to put me to sleep. Duncan put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

    "If you weren't in college I would totally pull you away and ditch this shit." He whispered and I laughed.

    "Just because I'm in college doesn't mean anything." I said and Duncan laughed a bit.