CHAPTER-20 EDITED

Chapter-20

Logan

Temptation.

Bloody hell.

How can he say those words to me to his Alpha and most importantly to his mate, temptation like seriously he couldn't resist , what the hell my mind and my soul couldn't even think straight right now how can he, that's the line being repeating itself in my mind over and over again like a broken record.

I should be the one he shouldn't be resisting and coming into my arms the second he came to know we are mates but, no he has to go to be with some whore and mate with her and start a family that we should be building and more importantly he bluntly rejected me like I should be the one rejecting his sorry ass, not other way around and top of that my whole family is on my case like really, I'm the victim here.

My inner turmoil was stopped by my stupid ass brother who shook me out of it and subjected my heated glare to him. "what?" I asked.

"Seriously, you ask me that you should really see your attitude because once you found your mate, she/he gonna dump your sorry ass excuse in no time, like what's your problem why are you always insulting Jamie and Ethan like that, they are new to this pack and you being a very hideous and disrespectful Alpha who just like insulting his pack member for fun." Ryan keeps on lecturing me like that I haven't had enough lecturing from our mom for the past week. This past week was so hard for me knowing that I have my mate within my own pack and I couldn't even see him , hold him, huh now I'm being a love stick teenager.

That you are, Said my wolf.

Ignoring him and my brother rant how should I apologies to Jamie and all that blah, blah, "ok stop I'm having headache from your non stopping ranting and, why should I apologies to him, he's the one that who should be ashamed of doing what he did before not founding his mate and already started his family" I said to Ryan in pissed off voice.

"What's the matter to you what he did in his personal life is none of our business, tell me this seriously is Jamie your mate or something because I'm seriously getting tired of listening your broken record of 'how he cheated on his mate', so tell me" Ryan asked blocking my way like seriously right now is not the correct time or place to confront me from. We are in the freaking middle of the grocery shop, and the way he is giving me looks, he is serious about this topic.

I heaved a sigh and delegated whether to tell him or not about him being correct but decided against it "it doesn't matter ok and let just do whatever thing you have to do because I have to have meeting with my Beta in about one hour" with that I walked passed him and him following me still grumbling that how he will found the truth, I snorted to that yeah good luck little brother.

Exactly after one hour I was seated with my Beta and Gamma. We are currently sitting in my office going through the pack boundaries and circling some areas with red markers which are spotted with frequent sightings from rouges , which is not that good but we have it all under control.

"Ok so we have to increase the patrol in west border because few rouges were spotted there, as they seen no harm but we have to be careful for the time being even if there are in no man's land" concluded my beta Roman, well I'm highly impressed with his knowledge and his calm yet strict nature from time to time, indeed my father made great decision to make him my Beta.

"Ok will do that for the time being, let's be extra sure not to tell this information to the pack until further notice from my side , and keep an eye on the rogue activity" I said as they nodded along with me.

"Ok then I should take my leave now Alpha, I promised my wife a night out" said Roman and stood to take leave with a head nod in my direction and fist pump with Owen he was out of the office.

"Ah such a great man he is having a mate and a son to go home to with two brother's along his side. Well I wish I had his life too, when I go home my mate is there but our child is yet to join us" Owen said in a dream-like voice.

"Well sorry to burst your bubble but, having a mate is not that great at all" I grumbled remembering my own mate crisis who knew having a mate will make my life a grumbling mess.

"What are you talking about, have you found your mate and haven't told me yet or something because if I found it from someone else I'm going to whoop your ass Alpha or not" Owen threatened me and knowing Owen he would, he is just like that.

I debated whether to tell him or not for a couple of minutes and decided I have to tell someone before I explode so why not him so I here goes nothing "well I might have found my mate" I said looking all over my office but, not at him and thank god for sound proof rooms.

"What it's good news then Logan why you look so grump like someone has just groped you in wrong places, well tell me bestie when can I meet her or first tell me about her name, where is she from, come on man I wants all deets" Owen said like a enthusiastic hyper five year old he is.

"Well easy there tiger, that's the problem it's not she it's he as in another Alpha of this pack" I said slowly and unsure how he will take it me being mated to a man as in same sex to me. After I dropped the bomb of me being mated to another man there was pin drop silence in the office except our breathing noises.

"Are you saying what I think you are saying?" Owen asked, unsure of his own question.

"Yes" I replied

"Are you sure, I mean it can be a mistake?" he said cautiously

"Are you saying that I have made a mistake in recognizing my own mate?" I said sharply to him not liking his question at all.

"No" he instantly corrected himself

"Good" I replied gruffly and leaned back in my chair.

"So what's the matter then?" Owen said it's as simple as taking candy out of a candy machine.

"Problem is that my supposed mate is none other than my beta's little brother" I said to him, he sat there stunned for a few minutes.

"Ok, I get it and to be frank I still don't get what's the problem if you knew who your mate is and he knows that you are his" Owen asked completely confused. Then he added "don't tell me you are grossed out that you are mated to a man, because if you are then its stupid spirits know what they are doing"

I heard him talk and rum my hands through my hairs multiple times and said "it's not that too he's the same guy that I insulted or more clearly accused of having family before finding his mate, can you believe it he has a child with him and top of that he's the one who indirectly rejected me in front of my family, who are totally clueless about me finding my mate and think I have gone nuts to just insult a pack member like that."

"and here I thought you were joking and told me totally imaginative story but, I think you have lots of licking up to do because what's the matter he has the kid, are you seeing him in relationship with someone" I just shook my head "or you heard him talking about the kids mother" again I shook my head "or have you tried to talk to him like an adult so, I'm assuming you just jumped to conclusion and ranting it off" Owen concluded.

"But tell me about this if you were at my place what have you done" I asked Owen.

"well I might have been mad but, first I would have talked to my mate try to know what must have happened what if it's just a one night stand that went wrong or like some other ugly situation, I would have tried to reason with my mate and then draw conclusions not just jump on them" Owen said like a great advisor.

"When did you become so deep?" I asked

"I'm man of many talents" Owen said cheekily and added "so are you gay now because let me tell you I always wanted to have gay best friend it's one of my wishes which just came true"

I simply answered by throwing the pen at him, and he whined that I had become violent. That's how we spent our rest of the evening joking around and me forming a plan on how to confront my mate who hates my guts right now.