Chapter One

* Not Edited *

Mornings in the Williams house was always chaotic, usually a spur of clothes littering the floor and an apocalyptical blend of raised voices coupled with curses from one brother to the other.

" Goddammit! " the eldest, Jason, shouted as he tripped on a pile of dirty underwear.

" Kyle! Pick your fucking laundry up! I swear to god this house is a fucking pig sty." He sighed before getting up and running his hand over his hair, something he usually does when he's upset.

" Morning Jas. " I said, giving him a soft smile.
His blue eyes landed on me and instantly softened upon recognition.

" Hey Lex." He said and walked over to me, placing a kiss on my forehead. " you ready for your first day?"

" I'm kinda nervous. What if high school hates me?" I said, looking down to fiddle with the hem of my oversized sweater.

" Don't be, baby girl. I'm sure everyone will love you. Besides, no one messes with my favorite girl." He said flashing me a blinding white grin.

I giggled and put my arms around his waist, my head just reaching his chest.

" Thanks Jas." I said smiling as I felt his strong arms encircle my tiny figure, giving me a tight squeeze.

" Anytime, princess."
---

Skipping downstairs I was greeted with the familiar smell of sizzling bacon and pancakes.

" Good morning everybody." I greeted, walking past 2 of my brothers but was quickly stopped by an arm grabbing me and pulling me down to sit on someone's lap.

I turned around to face my third eldest brother Roman, who simply smiled and kissed the top of my head.

I heard a few growls from the other 2 boys as the jealousy permeated throughout the dining room.

" I was about to hold her." My second eldest brother, Kyle, said. He made a move to stand up, the chair scraping the marble floor.

" Too late, I'm holding her today." Roman said, smirking as he pulled me closer to his chest.

I swear the sheer amount of testosterone in the air was suffocating me as my brothers tensed with the threat of a fight in the morning.

" Guys, I'll just sit in my own chair, alright?" I said, hoping they would stop.

A few seconds passed, glares were exchanged and no one answered my attempt at making peace, the only response being Roman tightening his arms around my tiny figure.

Biting my lip, I tried to approach the males during a stare-down, tugging lightly on Roman's shirt.

" please don't fight."

Roman's eyes shifted from Kyle's irritated ones to mine and softened his gaze. Sighing, he loosened his grip on me and allowed me to stand and make my way to my own chair at the middle of the white marbled island.

"Whatever, but she's riding with me on the way to school." Kyle grumbled, continuing to eat his stack of pancakes drizzled in maple syrup.

I breathed out a sigh of relief as we steered away from yet another potential fight and quickly dug into my own pancakes.

" Morning guys." My fourth older brother, Jace said. Coming over to me to plant a kiss on the top of my head and grabbing a plate to place a few strips of bacon on it.

" Did I miss anything? " he said, as he sensed the still tense atmosphere that hung in the Monday morning air.

" You have no idea." I mumbled as I placed another forkful of pancakes into my mouth.