Chapter Eleven

Dedicated to my lovely reader @dancingjsh171 for being there since day one. Thank you!! ❤️❤️

I woke up to a force that pushed the breath out of my lungs. Coughing and wheezing, I opened my eyes to find Cat sitting on top of me, grinning with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

" Cat, it is too early for your shit. Go away." I said, my voice raspy, heavy with sleep.

I heard an audible gasp as Cat exaggerated her offended expression, placing a hand on her chest. " How could you, Lexi? After all we've been through together, how fucking dare you?"

" Dork." I laughed, sitting up and pushing her off the bed for her to land with a loud " Oomph!"

" Why'd you wake me up so early? It's a Saturday." I groaned out, my head hitting the pillow once again.

" Because you, my sexy little minx, is going to be absolutely, completely beautified. Check this shit out." She reached over to grab a black bag, pulling out a gorgeous black dress that had slits cut out at the waist strategically showing an acceptably fair amount of skin.

I shot up from my bed, eyes wide and mouth gaping at her. " Damn, Cat! Where'd you find this?" I said, touching the dress that she held up for me to see.

" It was buried deep inside the dark, classier side of my wardrobe. " I laughed out loud, it was true that Cat rarely bought anything that wasn't colorful and incredibly bold.

" Ok, you ready? I'm gonna beautify and sexify the shit out of our smokin' bods like a motherfuckin' boss!" She shouted, her fist pumped in the air.

" Wait! It's still 11:30 and we have like 8 hours. Don't you wanna eat first?" I raised my brow, questioning her.

" Oh yeah. Let's eat! I'm starving." She jumped up excitedly and walked towards the door, patiently waiting for me to get my ass of the bed.

" You haven't had breakfast?" I shouted as I walked down the stairs, whereas Cat sprinted down at the smell of waffles.

" I did! This is round two!" She called back, running into the kitchen.

--
After we spent a good 5 hours watching movies, eating, and painting our nails, Cat and I spent another hour and a half showering, waxing and trimming our brows.

" God, if this is what it takes to get ready for a party, I am never going again." Cat sighed as she slumped her shoulders as she set the mascara wand down.

" Tell me about it." I sighed, flopping down on my bed as i just finished zipping my dress up.

" Ok, how do i look?" She turned around for me to look at her properly, her hair was straightened, she sported a smoky eyed look that accentuated her dark eyes even further and finished off with a dark red lip.

" Whoa, Cat. You look amazing!" I exclaimed, my face stretching into a grin.

" I know right!" Cat laughed, flipping her hair over her shoulder casually.

" Alright, babe. Your turn." She nodded her head over to the seat.

I went over and sat down. I didn't know how long Cat brushed my face over or curled my hair with a scalding hot iron rod and how many times she had scolded me, trying to get me to sit still when she tried to curl my lashes. The process being rigorous and complex.

" Ok, i'm done." She said with a nod, smiling in satisfaction. " You look smokin' babe."

I turned my head to look at the mirror, sucking in a breath when i saw myself. My reflection didn't give off the familiarity it used to. It felt as if i was looking at a different person, whose eyes seemed radiant and hair that let the light bounce off it in seemingly natural, soft curls. A subtle rosy glow was placed on her cheeks, making her seem healthier and vibrant.