Nightshade

The bus stopped to a halt, all the kids were trying to see why, there was complete silence until some kid in the back saw what it was

"HEY LOOK SOMEONE'S DEAD OVER THERE!!" He pointed over to an apartment building window, we all saw it a dead body half hanging out a window. Violet and her friends started screaming and crying, the bus driver was trying to calm them down but it wasn't really working, I was starring at the body trying to identify them. I heard a muffled cry in the back of the bus, when I turned around I saw Lance sobbing while Rae and Madison tried to comfort him.

"T..that's m..my a..apartment!! T..that's m..my b..brother!!" He cried, he stood up to run out of the bus, our driver, Jerry, let him past knowing how sensitive he was, I didn't know him that well but I understood. I lied, no I didn't understand at least not yet, I've never had any real family or friends (other then my online buds.) to care about, yeah some bad things happened to some of my foster parents while I was with them, but I didn't care. I still don't.

We were sent home again because of the murder but we were going to be sent home anyway because of the fire, basically we just got spring break number two, great.

Me and Slade walked home from where the bus stopped because Jerry was trying to wrangle all of the terrified kids, he let us go because he was stressed and not paying attention. At the front door Ms. John greeted us with her usual worried face.

"Oh my goodness! Slade! Griffin! Are you two alright?! What happened?! I got a call saying school was canceled again! Was it the burns?! I don't even know why I let you two go in the first place! It was only a weekend they couldn't fix it in that time!" She almost broke out in tears

"No no it was nothing Aunt Mabel don't worry about it! They were just doing a half day before! But they just decided to cancel it... You go get some rest Auntie." Slade swooped in and saved they day while I just stood there, Ms. John went to her room to nap, me and Slade waited outside.

"Oh look superman's her to save the day!" I waved my arms in the air

"Sorry Crow. My Aunt just gets like that sometimes I've known her all my life." He sighed, that sentence echoed in my brain I've known her all my life. I ran upstairs in anger and sadness, I had told Poison my problem so I knew he'd understand, I locked my door then curled up in a corner, this always happens but I started to cry.

After a while of being locked in my room I was hungry, I got downstairs, in the kitchen, and halfway back up the stairs before I heard anyone.

"Hey auntie I invited a friend over alright! Because Griffin locked herself in her room so I was bored!" I heard Slade yell

"Sure honey! I'm just going to read in my room! And sorry about Griffin sweetheart I think she's just being dramatic!" I heard Ms. John answer

"I'm not dramatic! We just had our school set on fire and..." I stopped myself so that Ms. John wouldn't get scared of the murderer. I rushed upstairs with my snack then slammed the door before I said anything else. I leaned against the door. I suddenly dropped my bowl of cereal when I heard it though, in a terrified shock.