Chapter Thirty Three

Kevin P.O.V

All I could hear was the sound of my heartbeat and my paws hitting the cold forest floor. At this point we have been running for a solid five hours. My chest felt like it was set on fire.

My paws ached from all the thorns and sharp objects that I've been stepping on. None of that mattered. The only thing that kept me going was Andy. The further we went in to the forest the  stronger the pull got.

Its was as if my body is on auto pilot. The aching in my body was nothing compared to my heart. The only thing on my mind was Andy. No matter how much I tried to convince myself that he was okay, the more my worry grew.

The further we got into the forest the thicker it became. How could someone be living in such a place. There were no animals nor insects in site. It's the perfect place to hide Izzy's body after I kill her.

We ran for so many hours, the sun was staring to rise. That made my worry grow even more. I couldn't shake the slightest feeling that we are never going to find Andy in time. But my body kept going.

"Kaid are you sure that this is the right direction?" Josh asked.

"I'm positive. Patience, we will be there soon" Alpha Kaid picked up speed and so did we.

By dawn we arrived at a huge clearing. With the sun at the horizon it was still dark. Alpha Kaid came to an abrupt stop, so did we. He looked towards the tree line in front of us. So did I.

There were Six shadow wolves emerging from the forest. They bared their teeth and let out ferocious growls. The wolves were a few inches taller than us, amazingly I never felt intimidated.

"Two for each. Don't let the bite you" Alpha Kaid charged at the wolves. They all disappeared into thin air. "Be careful, keep your ears open. They might be able to get invisible but stealth is not on their side."

In a blink of an eye, one wolf appeared in front of me and another behind me. They bother growled. They charged towards me at the same time. I moved aside and they crashed into each other head on.

They yelped and evaporated. I looked around me and I saw that Josh needed my help. I charged at one of the wolfs. All I hears was the sound of ribs breaking followed by a loud yelp. My head was starting to feel a little fuzzy.

I shook my head to get rid of the fog forming in my head. The fog cleared, all that was left was a dull throbbing. I looked up as the wold Josh was fighting went flying over my head and into the nearest tree.

For shadow magic, these wolf were sure easy to kill. A bit to easy. Alpha Kaid jogged towards us. It's like he wasn't even in a fight. He looked at us and signaled for us to follow, which we did.

"Kaid, isn't if weird that those wolves were too easy to kill?" It was asif Josh read my mind.

"Shadows aren't very difficult to defeat. All they care about is turning who ever they are against." He answered picking up the pace.

"Why is that?" I asked trying to catch up to him.

"Shadows are like souls, unlike lost souls they are given a period to find a host or they parish." He answered slowing down. I looked around us and saw that we had arrived at a tree lining.

"We've been at this for hours. How much further do we have to go? Not that I'm complaining but the sun is already rising meaning we've been running all night." Josh huffed as we walked into another clearing.

"The shadows indicated that we're close. We are entering the dead city meaning we'll be there in no time." Alpha Kaid slowed down and looked around.

"We are crossing through the dead city. Don't freak out, just act as if they are not there." He simply said.

It looked like we were walking through a village. The people were wearing old fashioned clothing. The surprising thing was that I couldn't hear what they were saying. Some of them were staring at us as we walked by.

Their eyes followed us until we walked out of the town. Alpha Kaid told us not to look back. I tried so hard not to. I mean what's a whole town doing in the middle of no where. I'm going to get my memory wiped after this trip.

"What the heck was that?" I asked as a chill ran up my spine.

"That was a town that died from poising ages ago. Their river got contaminated by who knows what. Unfortunately they all died." He explained. As we crossed yet another tree line.

The darkness had already cleared out. The sun was shining as bright as ever. After crossing the tree line, we were met by another clearing. This one held an old wooden shed in the middle. Something just told me Andy was inside.

"This is the place gentle-" A strong surge of power erupted from the house, knocking us off our feet

"Andy!" Max shouted as he took over my body.

He ran into the door knocking it down with his front paws. The house was dark and dusty inside. It did look like anyone has lived here in years. I could heard alpha Kaid and Josh screaming my name but Andy's sent drowned their voices out.

Max charged into what looks like a kitchen. There was a back door and what a basement door, with a bright light seeping from under it and the wooden floor. I could hear voices coming from the room.

"I would rather die than let you harm my pups!" A familiar voice shouted. Andy?!

"Things were going just fine between me and Kevin. You and your stupid Moon Goddess had to ruin it!" Izzy shouted.

I pushed the rusty old door open. The bright light was a bit blinding at first. After my eyes adjusted to the light I  cautiously walked down the basement stairs. The power that was radiating from the room was so strong.

I peaked around the room when I got closer to the bottom of the stairs. It was so bright, it felt like the light was burning my eyes. The power was so strong, I could barely fight the dominance.

My eyes adjusted to the light what I saw left me at a loss of words.