Night Three

Lucy woke up in Gray's arms. The moon was peaking in through the bedroom window and crickets could be heard outside. Lucy turned slightly and found Gray with his eyes closed which made Lucy confused — didn't vampires not sleep?

But she didn't care, they're skin pressing together reminded her of what happened earlier that night and a happy smile crossed her features. She situated her body so that her cheek rested on Gray's chest, her hand on his toned stomach. Gray made a sleepy moan, causing Lucy to smile as she picked herself up to look at him.

Gray was not a graceful sleeper, much different from his normal demeanor. Although he did have a curious habit of stripping for no apparent reason, Gray was a gentleman. He genuinely cared for his two friends and treated everyone he met with respect. He was well liked in Magnolia even though he was a vampire. Lucy wondered if it was only because he didn't associate himself with others of his kind or if it was just because of his good looks.

Lucy got lost in her fascination at the man below her that she didn't even notice his black eyes open to peer at her face.

"Lucy?" He asked, snapping her out of her thoughts and she smiled. "Why are you awake? It's practically midnight." He said, sitting up and rubbing at his eyes.

"I couldn't sleep." She replied simply, her legs beneath her as she looked at him.

"Really? You seemed pretty tired after what we did." He said with a sly grin, causing her to blush deeply and playfully slap his arm. This made him chuckle and he moved closer to her, snaking his arm around her waist and pulling the blonde into him. "How does a second go around sound, Lucy?" He asked, his tone completely seductive. She blushed and smiled coyly at him, pressing her lips to his as her answer. He chuckled and pretty soon he was on top of her again and his lips were exploring her skin.

That was when a loud crash sounded, glass shattering to the floor as a large item fell to the floor. Gray jerked away from Lucy and looked up in bewilderment, standing quickly. He quickly pulled on his briefs and trousers before walking to where the item had fallen, grabbing it and holding it up for Lucy to see.

"It's probably just some vamps..." She murmured, eyeing the rock. Gray went to toss the rock back out of the window before his body visibly stiffened and his eyes widened. He threw the rock to the ground and quickly ran to Lucy's closet, grabbing the first thing he saw and tossing if towards her.

"Gray what's wrong?"

"Just get dressed, I need to go find Levy." He said before rushing from the room. In confusion, Lucy pulled on the trousers and shirt he had hurriedly thrown at her before walking to window, pulling her hair back as she looked outside in curiosity.

It was them. Phantom Lord. The vampires who had torn Juvia to shreds.

The vampires who had killed Gray.

Lucy rushed towards the door and opened it, letting out a scream when she saw the flames licking up the stairwell. She slammed the doors shut and stared in horror.

Lucy was trapped.

The doors burst open as Gray rushed in, Levy in his arms. She was moaning, pain clear on her face and that was when Lucy noticed the two, sickening burns on her face — one above her eyebrow, the other on her cheek. Lucy let out a cry, rushing to her injured friends side and Gray cursed when a loud crash happened outside her door, indicating that a beam or something large had fallen in front of the door.

"We're trapped!" She exclaimed and Gray looked at her then to the window.

"Take her." He said before practically throwing the small girl into Lucy's arms. She let out a grunt and Gray broke the window more, making the frame large enough for one person to jump through. He looked back at the two girls and clenched his jaw. "I'll jump first. Then Levy, then you. Understand?" He asked, his tone completely serious. Lucy's eyes almost bugged out of her skull and her mouth fell open.