Chapter 2

Chapter 2

They waited until dark and thankfully they didn’t have to wait long. As soon as the Count left they scattered to their rooms to change into their black leathers ready for flying. Then met in the main room, but just before they took off, Ingrid walked in. “Where you two going?” Ingrid asked slyly. “Known of your business.” Bertrand snapped.

“I only going to ask to see I can help.“ she said sweetly. Bertrand hissed and bared his fangs. “Bertrand, we haven’t got time.” Vlad said impatiently before his vision started black in and out again. Not again, he thought. 

Once again he found himself in the same forest but this time far away from hunters. He saw the beautiful redhead running but nothing following her. He let out a sigh of relief but his relief didn’t last long as he heard a cry coming from her direction. Pain masked over her face as he noticed her crotched down. She had got her foot stuck in an old fashioned slayers trap. She carefully pulled the trap apart while hissing in pain, then pulled her foot before looking around. She noticed a dark old warehouse a head, so she made her way there, limping in pain. They needed to get to her and fast. He drifted back and found himself back in the school.

“Vlad what did you see?” Bertrand asked hurriedly.

“She’s injured, she got caught in a slayers trap and is now making her way to a warehouse not far from here. We need to go.” Vlad hesitated before turning into a bat and flying straight out the window, Bertrand on his tail.

***

Venus used all her strength to force the door to the gloomy warehouse open, then she stumbled in before giving in and collapsing against the wall. She had been running from slayers all day and was shattered. She was still in pain from turning into a vampire. She closed her eyes and sighed, now wondering what to do. She was all alone, her whole family had been slayed. When the slayers attacked their manor, her parents told her to run with her brother but the slayers quickly caught them and killed her brother right infront of her eyes. 

Anger boiled inside her at the thought of the slayers, she wanted to rip their heads off and then drink their blood until they were as shrivelled as a prawn. She was so very thirsty as her parents wouldn’t let her drink human blood until her party to celebrate her having her full powers. 

A noise from a head of her brought her back from her thoughts. Her fear level snapped up again, as she tried to get up to defend herself incase it was a slayer, but miserably failed. She looked around, her eyes peeled and she bared her fangs, readying for an attack. 

“It’s only me, Venus.” said a familiar voice. She looked up and was startled to see her Uncle, Bertrand. “Uncle Bertrand, how did you find me?” she asked. He stepped aside, and stood behind was the chosen one, the famous Vladimir Dracula. Confused crossed her face. “I train him. He saw a vision of you getting chased.” he said.

“Erm.. Hi.” Vlad said uneasily.

“Hi.” Venus repiled quickly.

“Can you run?” Bertrand asked.

“No and I can’t turn into a bat. I haven’t got my basic powers yet.” 

Suddenly a noise of foot steps came from outside as their eyes turned black and they bared their fangs. “Slayers!” Bertrand hissed.

“What do we do?” Vlad whispered.

“You two go, take her Vlad and look after her. I deal with the slayers.” Bertrand said. Vlad nodded agreeing with the order. “No, I want no more violence.” Venus said confidently. Vlad looked down at her surprised. Betrand bent down to her level and stroked her cheek. “Ah, Venus were always to innocent for your own good,” Bertrand stood back up and looked away, “But do honestly think I’m going to let them get away. They killed our family. They killed my little sister, your mother. I refuse to take orders from a teenage vampire, niece or not. I will kill anyone who harms my family. Thomas, Vespera and Lucius. Gone.” Bertrand snapped as Venus flinched and hang her head.

Silence and tension rang in the air as the slayers foot steps got closer, closer and closer. “Go.” Bertrand demanded. They both nodded as Bertrand went outside. Vlad slipped his arms under her legs and put his arm around her back carrying her bridal style. Venus put her arms around his neck and grabbed on tight. For some reason she felt safe, but shook that feeling away. “Hold on tight.” he whispered in her ear before zooming off back home.