ten // secrets

AN: the gif at the top is Neels Visser who I have casted to play Zachary Rose (who is a new character you will find out about in this chapter ;D)

-

The Hollywood Hills

By Jade Mason

Twenty floors, one hundred and sixty windows, two thousand disappearances, one mystery. The Hollywood Hills Hotel has held its eerie reputation as LA's most intimidating building for over sixty years. Ever since its construction in 1953 , nobody has been able to pinpoint what exactly its soul purpose is. While most remember it as the elegant, glamorous Hollywood resort it once was, others are convinced its glimmering façade was just a cover-up for the real monstrosities that lived beneath its surface.

Now mostly a tourist attraction for researchers and activists for the paranormal, The Hollywood Hills Hotel has been known for its links to a number of mysterious disappearances over the course of its lifetime. People both known and unknown have supposedly gone missing while checked into the hotel, though no solid proof has been found. Decades have gone by and the rumor remains: the Hollywood Hills Hotel is no place to spend the night. If you do, it's hard to make it out alive.

Again, that's just a rumor. Its been a rumor for years. However, after I, Jade Mason, checked in myself, I've finally found the answer. Thanks to an acquantaince of mine, Michael Clifford.

Formerly known as 5 Seconds of Summer's lead guitarist, his name has since faded from the media after he mysteriously went missing back in 2015 while he and his band were checked into the Hollywood Hills. Like all the other disappearances, no evidence was found to blame the hotel.

I booked a room and stayed a night at the end of September. Now it's almost the end of October, and somehow I've been able to challenge all the stigmas of the hotel, seeing that I am still alive today.

This is going to sound crazy, but just hear me out. I met Michael Clifford. The ghost of him, to be exact.

He haunted me the first night I checked in. He played with the light switches in my room, filled my bath tub with blood, and whispered in my ears while I slept. At first I thought these events were just figments of my own paranoid imagination. But when I ran into his spirit in the elevator the next day, my beliefs in this hotel changed.

Since then, I've spoken to him quite a few times, and I know almost every detail about the Hollywood Hills Hotel. These details are things that many have disappeared trying to find. I don't know how I'm still here and writing this article after the things I've seen during my stay, but while I'm still here, I might as well tell you what really goes on behind the walls of this hotel. 

I stopped typing and read over what I had so far. This was the fourth time I was going back and changing almost everything about my article. Every time I tried to write something and get on with my story, something would stop me and I would delete it. I felt a weird sensation in the pit of my stomach that was physically drawing my hands away from the keyboard.

I knew I was guilty. I just didn't want to admit it.

I wanted to write this article, believe me. There was nothing wrong with writing about something that interests you. But the real reason why I ever checked into the Hollywood Hills in the first place is what's actually getting me. I checked into the hotel and started writing this article because I knew if it was published, it would be popular. People would eat this story right up and, in turn, I would be "famous". And as great as that sounds, something was holding me back. And that something was Michael.