twenty one // we're all glad you're dead

The next morning, after leaving Michael sound asleep in our room on the 9th floor, I decided to go out and look for Luke. He's the one member of 5 Seconds of Summer I have yet to get to know, other than the argument we shared yesterday. I figured, if he won't let Michael slap any sense into him, then maybe he'll let me. I seemed to do the trick yesterday, after all.

I hopped out of the bed and slipped some jeans up my legs, leaving Michael's t-shirt clinging loosely to the rest of my body. As I tied my hair up behind my ears I looked over my shoulder at the sleeping boy still sprawled out over the bed. Michael was snoring rather loudly, with half his face buried into the pillows and his eyes squeezed shut. I pressed one last kiss to his forehead before I headed out.

I checked Luke's room first, figuring he might still be asleep so early in the morning. Luke and Zach's room was only a few doors down the hall from Michael and I's. Although, technically Zach is supposed to be living in our room, but Michael would never let that happen, so he rooms with Luke.

I knocked on the door softly at first, and then when I didn't get an answer, I knocked a little harder. As I heard the lock jingling on the other side, I stepped back as the door creaked open.

Zach poked his head through the crack, raising his eyebrows. "Y-yes?"

He was a shy guy, Zach was. Although I've only known him for a day or two, I could tell he felt the most out of place out of the whole band. It's obvious that the roles have switched quite a bit in the past 48 hours: Michael was always the outcast when they were all alive, but now that they're all dead Zach is the odd man out. I'm sure that makes Michael happy.

"I'm not here to hurt you," I chuckled, noticing the fearful look in his eyes. "I'm wondering where Luke is."

"Uh...I'm not sure," Zachary answered, pulling the door open all the way. He took a timid step forward and leaned against the door frame. "He told me he was going to the roof, but that was a while ago."

I glanced over Zach's shoulder, looking out the window on the other side of the room. "Hm. Maybe he went to watch the sunrise," I turned away and started off towards the elevator. "Thanks!"

"Wait -" Zach stumbled outside and I stopped, looking back at him to see what he wanted. "Um...is - is Michael mad at me?" he asked.

I slumped my shoulders and gave Zachary a look. "What do you think?"

"Ugh, man..." he groaned under his breath, shuffling his foot on the carpet. "Do you think he'll ever warm up to me?"

"Do you want the honest answer?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

Zach nodded his head. "Yes."

"No." was all I said, and I turned my back to him once again.

"Wait!" he called out again, and I stopped for what I hoped would be the last time, looking back at him over my shoulder. "Yes?"

"Do you hate me?" he asked, taking another step forward.

"I don't hate you," I said, shaking my head. "I just hate the whole situation that involved you. Michael's the last person who deserves to be replaced."

"I realize that, but we had no other choice."

"Luke can play the guitar just fine. Hell, even Ashton can," I shrugged. I noticed the way Zach's face fell in disappointment, and I sighed. "Look. I'm more upset with his bandmates than I am with you. I know it's not your fault. You just wanted to be famous. I get it."

Zach looked back up at me and narrowed his eyes, tilting his head slightly. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well why else did you sign up to join the band?" I questioned.