Chapter 81 ~ Harry

Day 8
9:47 PM

Today was a dreadful and stressful day. Not quite as horrible as the day Ron died, but pretty close.

I couldn't find anyone I'm looking for. Bilbo's footprints were at the scene of Hermione's death, so I'm after him. I can't find him, though. I didn't even find any trace or clue of him. Looking back, I should've followed the footprints. And no sign of Thomas, either. I'm trying to find him to take out my anger of Newt on. The rage I feel for him is almost unbelievable. I absolutely despise him. I sort of wish he was still alive, so I could kill him.

My day also blew because my mind is completely split and I don't know what to think. Half of me misses Hermione and wishes she were here. But the other half of me thinks she betrayed me, and she deserved to die. She's like poison. She's poisoning my mind. All I think about is her, half the time missing her, and half the time hating her. It's mentally stressful and confusing. My mind just feels like a blur.

I've been walking all day, eating nothing but a graham cracker or two. It's not that I don't have enough to eat; I'm just not hungry. I guess the Hermione poison takes away hunger as well as happiness.

I'm tired and out of energy, so I stop walking and sit down against a tree. It's fully dark out, I wonder if I should try to sleep. I take out another graham cracker, the last one in that package. I slowly eat it, fumbling with Ron's wand.

If Ron was here, all of my problems would be solved. I wouldn't be lonely. I wouldn't be scared. I wouldn't be sad. He would heal everything. He'd be on my side with the whole Hermione feud. I wish he were here.

Hermione didn't deserve him. Her and Ron weren't dating currently, but last year I know they had a thing. And even though Ron had Lavender, I think he still secretly liked Hermione. He shouldn't have. Hermione never cared.

I examine Ron's wand closely, and realize I'm very glad to have it. It's the only thing of Ron I have left, and it's a reminder to keep going. I'm trying to win for Ron. 

"Harry?"

I heart stops and my blood runs cold. I snap my head up, and see someone standing a ways from me. I can only see the outline of the person, it's so dark out. At first I think it's a ghost. But then I realize: It was a girl's voice, and she knew who I was.

Tris.

I feel myself freeze in horror. This is bad. This is dangerous. She got a 10 and I got a 5. Tris hates me.

I don't dare stand up; I don't dare move. I don't say anything. I sit there and silently pray and plead it was just in my imagination and she'd go away.

"Harry? Is that you?"

I blink. Why isn't she killing me? Doesn't she know I killed Four? She has to. And how does she know it's me from this far away?

I figure there's nothing else to do at this point than to reply. "Y-yeah," I stutter, not sure what else to say.

"Thank goodness," she says, walking toward me. She stops at my feet, and looks down at me.

She looks rough. I don't know what happened to her, but it must've not been good. She's still wearing Four's coat, but somehow I can tell she's gotten extremely skinny and frail. And her hair. She cut it into what girls call a 'boy cut'. Her eyes look sucked into her skull, and her cheekbones seem extra dimensional. Her skin, at least in the light of the night, looks pale and white.