One-shot

1st year

Clarissa was walking down the halls of Hogwarts. The welcoming feast was a month ago. She was sorted into Slytherin.

She learned pretty quickly that there was a stigma on her new house. Every Slytherin was seen as selfish and evil. She thought it was a load of codswallop, but the insults and blatant disdain hurt. It was like she was predestined to be evil and the students treated her accordingly.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a first-year Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. The Ravenclaw had the Hufflepuff backed up against the wall. The Hufflepuff, a little girl with blonde hair and brown eyes, had tears streaming down their face.

Clarissa quickly intervened, she walked up to the Ravenclaw and told him that Professor Flitwick was looking for him.

As the Ravenclaw walked away, Clarissa kneeled next to the Hufflepuff who had slid to the floor.

"Hey are you ok?" Asked Clarissa.

She didn't answer her, but nodded and looked at Clarissa with teary eyes.

"Thank you." She said.

Clarissa smiled slightly.

"My name's Clarissa." She said, holding out her hand for the Hufflepuff to shake.

"Melanie." She said, shaking the outstretched hand.

2nd year

"Clarissa what are we doing?" Hissed Melanie.

The two were currently sneaking down a corridor in the middle of the night.

"Just trust me." She said as they reached the end of the hall.

There was a large painting of a bowl of fruit. Clarissa reached out towards the painting and tickled the green pear. The thing giggled and the painting swung open. When they went inside, they saw a bustling kitchen full of house elves.

Clarissa lead her friend over to an elderly looking house elf.

"Daisy, could you make us some cookies?" Said Clarissa.

The house elf looked at her, and with child like enthusiasm replied.

"Of course Missus. Daisy will make them right away!"

The elderly house elf sprites away to make the cookies.

Clarissa lead Melanie to a small table to the side of the kitchen.

"How in the world did you find this place?" Melanie asked in amazement as she sat down.

"It was rather easy." Clarissa explained. "The twins found it and I overheard them telling Lee Jordan."

"Here you goes Missus." Said Daisy as she placed the steaming plate of cookies in the center of the table.

Melanie quickly grabbed a cookie and took a huge bite. Clarissa also took one, albeit a bit slower and gracefully then her.

Melanie's eyes widened.

"This is the best thing I have ever placed in my mouth." She said as she took another cookie.

Clarissa just laughed.

"Wait." Melanie said. "How did she make these so quickly?"

Clarissa smirked and wiggling her fingers at her she said.

"Magic."

3rd year

"Psst. Melanie?"

Melanie rubbed her eyes as she groggily sat up in her bed in the Hufflepuff dormitory.