The Arrival

Taking one last look at Mick I went back to the jump ship, as the cargo door closed behind me, I dropped to my knees, and cried,it felt strange but nice to cry after so long of never shedding a tear. I cried, until my eyes were sore. Wiping my eyes I stood up and berated myself for being weak, he betrayed me, he tried to take out our newly found friends. But what was I doing now? The same?

   That's when I heard pounding on the lift outside.

       "Dammit Leonard open up the hatch" I heard Mick yelled, I ignored him and leaned against the door "go away" I yelled

   "Leonard" more pounding, and then swearing and than it went quiet, he had given up, or was he in trouble? No he was fine just realized I wasn't going to listen, though I wanted to but knew he deserved this atleast for awhile, and than I would come back to him, just give him a few days to cool off then I would be back.

   I sighed, and tried to get the energy to move away from the door, but I couldn't muster the strength do so, well until the door heated up.

   "Fuck" I yelled "dammit Mick" I growled as I went over and pushed the button to open the hatch.

   "What the hell do you want Mick? If you think I'm going just let you onboard.." I said then stopped when I saw the look of urgency in his eyes.

   "About fucking time Elsa" he growled, stomping up the ramp,  and grabbing my arm he threw me to the ground than jumped off the ramp.

    "Might want to start running" he said pointing to the ship, looking over I saw that the ship was smoking, "oh shit" I yelled and we both ran and hid behind a big rock, we both peered around our cover and watched as the ship blew, for a few seconds the world seemed to have  stopped.

I  could hear nothing, just buzzing in my ear, the world didn't start moving again until Mick pushed me down to the ground and covered me with his own body. "Damn Leonard are you just trying to die" he growled in my ear as I heard pieces of Sheet metal hitting the ground.

   That's when he screamed, I had never heard him in so much pain since Alexa. Since half of his body was set on fire, I had no idea what happened, but I did see his hand, feebly I reached over and laced my fingers with his.

  "What happened" I said as loud as possible

   "Something hit the fucking rock structure and it broke and it fell on me; you might be able to crawl out from under me but wait until the fire and debris stops flying so you don't get hurt" he grunted, squeezing my hand tightly.

   Was he fucking kidding me, he couldn't wait that long, groaning I tried to crawl out from under him and the rock but was having no luck.Thats when I felt something warm hit my face, and felt it stream down my face and drip onto the ground. Not surprisingly it was blood, Micks blood, dammit his head must have been hit, growling I tried again and this time slowly and painfully started to crawl out from under him, and then I stopped, if I crawl all the way out the weight would crush him swearing I looked around for my freeze gun and when I saw it I swore it was just right out of my reach of course.

. "Mick are you still with me? Mick? It won't be a good idea if I tried crawling out you'll be crushed" I yelled but got no answer.

  Taking ahold of his hand I squeezed it and almost died right there when he didn't squeeze my hand back. Collapsing to the ground I accepted my fate, we we're both going die for our sins, no not our sins my stupidity for ever thinking abandoning Mick was the right course of action, yes the last few days had been rough between us, Mick had gotten hot headed and joined the pirates but that was just Mick a little hot headed, but now that I had time to stop to think, no one ever asked him what he was thinking, why he did it, who knows maybe he did it on purpose, now I will never know, never be able to make up for the worst mistake in my life, leaving the man who has taken care of me since the day we met, the man I loved more than anything or anyone in this world, accept for Lisa, , atleast we shall die together I thought, glad that I could still feel Mick breathing above me, closing my eyes I just relaxed and listened to Micks breathing, hoping I went first so I didn't have to ever not feel his breath leave his body I guess all in all this wasn't such a bad way to die.