Chapter 1 - February 1st, 2010

Carly, a shy but ambitious woman, sets out to fulfill her long life dream of becoming a professional artist in the city of New York, but also worries how she was to get there. She only but has a small car that needs to get repaired once in a while, and not enough money to buy a decent seat on an airplane, she sighs after seeing what she had to work with. She gathers her things and art supplies before a phone call rings throughout the small apartment she called home, she quickly grabs her cell phone and clears her throat.

"He-hello?" She says a little too softly, but the man on the other end could hear her just fine.

"Yes, Carly? This is Mr. Arman, I am calling to see if you were still coming to New York, I am really eager in seeing your work and working with you." Mr. Arman says, Carly hits her head and sighs as she forgot to call him to confirm her arriving there, with all the excitement she hardly even got any rest.

"Oh yes, Mr. Arman, I totally remember, I am just leaving to go there now actually, remember when you said about me living there that you got m-"

She was cut off by his soft chuckles. "Yes dear, I have that covered for you, as long as you are working for me, your living quarters will be covered as well, you need not to worry about all of that now."

Carly sighs in relief and nods her head, as if Mr. Arman could see her, and says her thanks and hangs up the phone. She finishes gathering all of her belongings and stuffs them into her 1985: Chevrolet Camaro and walks back inside of her small apartment and sighs in relief.

"Goodbye old life." She turns around and closes the door behind her. "Hello new one." She smirks a bit as she makes her way down the ragged stairs and into her car, and happily cranks it up. It starts up extremely ruff but it catches on easily as she starts to ride from her city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to the grand New York city.

Just a couple hours into the drive, she checks her phone GPS just as her car starts to crank down, she swears under her breath as she pulls over onto the side of the road. Hitting her steering wheel, she rests her head on the back of her hands and takes a deep slow breath.

"Please don't do this to me now car." She says before she picks up her phone and dials Mr. Arman's number, it dialed for a minute before he finally picks up.

"Hello Carly." He answers, she could hear the smile in his voice.

"My car, it is well, very old and it is having maintenance issues, I am stuck on the side of the road I am only about sixty minutes away from your shop." She says, Mr. Arman just chuckles and takes a deep breath.

"I will send a man your way, just hold on tight okay, now tell me your location."

Carly does a sigh of relief before giving up her location, Mr. Arman tells her an okay before hanging up the phone. She patiently waits for the maintenance person to show up in which it slowly becomes night time, she checks her watch as it chimed down from four-thirty pm to eight o'clock pm, she falls into a light daze and then a small slumber, it wasn't until she heard a small but deep rumbling sound come from the outside of her car. She gasps loudly as a man, about six foot three and standing there in a maintenance outfit was spotted working on her car. She doesn't know where he had come from or when he even arrived, he wasn't there a moment ago but there he was, opening her hood and checking her car. She couldn't see him anymore, he was stooped down, focusing his attention under the hood of the car, click-clack was the sound of the tools he was using to fix whatever that was wrong with her car. And in her mind, everything was wrong with her car. She sits back and waits until he was finished working on her car, it seemed like a life time that he was working on the car but he finished with a loud bang of the hood going back into place. He hadn't taken a glimpse at Carly yet, he walks up to her window and knocks on it softly, she cracks the window just a bit to have him hear her voice.