The Two faced Truth

This is one of my favourite covers, it's so powerful...

AND shoutout to @uzuriupendo for this beautiful cover(story cover XD)

______________________________________________

'I think it came from the storeroom' Jace announced.

 I dashed for the storeroom's door pushing my legs harder, feeling pure panic and fear. All I wished was to check if Cassie was fine. The distance to the store room which was very short, felt miles away. At last I reached the storeroom and slammed the door open, Jace following me. 

The scene in front of me confused me more than anything, a glowing man standing over one of the stack of boxes in the storage room towering over Cassie. I have no idea how he managed to stand on those empty stacked boxes and made a mental note to remember to ask him how he managed to stand over those boxes without falling down or how he got up there without a ladder.

There was a good news and a bad news. 

Good news: The stack of empty cardboard boxes didn't collapse. 

Bad news: A stranger had broke in my house. 

The man was around my height, maybe a little taller? I couldn't tell from down here. But noticing his face chills went down my spine, so far him glowing, him standing on stacks of empty cardboard boxes wasn't that disturbing. Looking at his face was enough to make me realise he wasn't normal and filled me with guilt. Could it be all this while Cassie was telling the truth? Could it be possible that what we perceive this world as is not true? I can't be sure now. If what Cassie was saying was true well then this man wasn't here to play trick or treat. I shook my head, I was getting carried away. This guy, Truth or whatever, was maybe an illusionist.

He seemed pretty normal, but his face, well things got weird, his face a mirage, switching between a fairly good-looking face and a very disfigured one which burnt my eyes, but it was fair enough. My bloody useless eyes deserved to be burned as what they were showing was hardly believable. I was hoping I was hallucinating, I rubbed my eye hoping to see the truth and not the man who called himself Truth. Instead of seeing some believable things I noticed things which made me sure I was hallucinating and needed professional help. 

He had this bluish glow but again it was the light playing some tricks, like you know when the light reflects over black coloured things giving it a bluish tint. On a closer look, I realised he wasn't standing on the boxes, instead he was floating over them. I definitely had an eye checkup due. Jace expression was the same as mine indicating I was not hallucinating or we both were hallucinating which was highly unlikely. I pinched Jace to double check if I was dreaming 'Ow! What was that for?'

'Definitely not dreaming' I muttered. I decided not to ponder much on it, otherwise I would surely go crazy.

Truth shook his head as if our bantering amused him and turned to Cassie, his expression suddenly changing into a cold one. 

His thunder like voice boomed making me shiver in fear and back away a little. 'I gave you a chance! This is what you do? I give you one last opportunity to spill. Tell the truth, lying will benefit no one.'

My immediate thoughts were Cassie and lying? No ways! 

But her expression said otherwise, Cassie tried to move backwards but failed as her back was already pressed against the wall. On taking her appearance in I gasped a little: drenched in sweat and her blond hair plastered to her face. Truth stared at Cassie, his eyes glowing a dark shade of blue. Cassie clutched her head, doubling over, I wanted to do something, to make whatever she was going through stop, but what? I couldn't even move my feet.