01 ~ Found you

This is how I picture Katherine. This story starts a month after the Dark War and we will follow the lives of Gabri, Kat, Emma and the Blackthorn kids for five years. So there will be several time leaps, because five years is a long time I will only write the important days. After the five years the story will continue, but then the events of Lady Midnight start.
(Time leaps - I don't know the English word for it and neither does my translate app)

Dear Arthur Blackthorn,

The reason why I am writing you is, because my parabatai and I cannot stay at the Liverpool Institute any longer. My name is Gabriëlle Carstairs and my parabatai is Katherine Firestar. I lost my mother when I was four and never knew my father, therefore the Firestar family took me in. Her family consists of her father Anthon Firestar, her mother Louisa Firestar (néé Starkwheater) and Katherine self. Katherine her father was my mother, Julie Carstairs, her parabatai.

Unfortunately, Anthon and Louisa died protecting children back in Idris during the Dark War. Katherine and I fought side by side to help them and saw them die. Both Katherine and I do not have relatives that can take care of us and do not longer possess a place to live. To be send to the academy in Idris would be considered horrible, because neither of us feels at place in Idris.

Only recently, this morning, I have found a living relative and a place where we might could stay. Namely, Emma Carstairs and the Los Angeles Institute. We hope that the Los Angeles Institute does not mind us living there. I would love to get to know my cousin Emma, because she is the only family I have left beside my parabatai.

A few reasons why we would be an asset for the Institute:

I can cook and clean, so I can help in the housework.
We can train together with the other children and help them study. We are both a year advanced in comparison with other children from our age. We are great Shadowhunters for our age and could help with the missions.
Katherine can sew and make clothes from scratch, so we do not have to get new clothes on a regular basis.

Hopefully, you will allow us to stay at the Los Angeles Institute. The pleasure would be ours to get to know Emma and the Blackthorn family.

Sincerely,

Gabriëlle Carstairs

~The reply~

Dear Gabriëlle Carstairs,

The letters, which you, Catarina Loss and the Inquisitor Robert Lightwood, have send have arrived. After a long discussion with the children and their tutor Diana I have come to a conclusion. You and Katherine will be allowed to come and stay here at the Los Angeles Institute, but under the conditions from the Inquisitor.

The children are looking forward for your arrival and everything is set for the two of you. We have showed Emma the extended family tree, revealing your parentage and how the two of you are related. My cousins are looking forward to meeting you, since you are part fairy just like their sister and brother.

There will be a portal ready for you in two days. Pack your bags and everything you want to keep and we will see you in two days.

Sincerely,

Arthur Blackthorn.