Chapter 4

"Pa..."

"Pap..."

"PAPA!" Sans jerked awake, his magic flaring as he tried to calm his breathing. He remembered laying down in the machine, but it seemed like right now he was in a bed.

"What the hell?" his eyes widened further as he remembered the two skeletons in his care, only to find them both standing and looking at him, concern etched on their faces.

"Are you okay, Papa?" Red asked tentatively. Sans felt a chill go up his spine, once he realized what Red had called him. But at the same time, there was a pleasant warm feeling in his stomach, so Sans went with it.

"Yeah, yeah, kid. I'm fine." Then, looking up at Fell, he squinted.

"How are you two? You doing okay there, Fell?" Fell's eyes widened, but he nodded his head. Sans huffed with satisfaction before getting out from under the blankets that were wrapped around him. Offering his hand for Fell to climb up on, Fell complied, while Red teleported to Sans shoulder once more.

"Welp, let's find out where the fuck we are..." Sans walked around the room a minute, trying to see if he could find any clues as to whose house he was in. There was nothing familiar at all in his surroundings. In fact, most of this stuff seemed like it was for a kid. The bed had a light blue bedspread on it, with crisp white sheets that had tiny pictures of boats on them. There was a bookshelf in the corner, filled with books on puzzles. Sans shook his head, a headache forming, but he wasn't going to pass out again, not when he wasn't sure who he needed to pay for their help. Not for the first time, he wondered what in the name of Asgore the stupid machine did. Seemed like it was a teleporter...but what good would that do in the long run? His thoughts were interrupted by a slight tugging on his hand by Fell.

"What's up, bud?" Sans asked, looking down. Fell looked away, but moved his hands in quick, formulaic motions towards his brother. Red nodded, then turned to Sans.

"He's hungry. We wouldn't say anything, but we haven't eaten in a week...or two..." Sans winced.

"Let's go find some food then." Sans opens the bedroom door quietly, still more than a little nervous to find out whose house this is. What surprises him is the fact that, so far, the setup is exactly like it would be back home. He tiptoes down the hall, perching Fell on his other shoulder so he has his hands free if someone tries to attack him. Going down the short hallway he passes what would normally be his brother's bedroom door, and slips quietly down the stairs. Now he is absolutely shocked. This is his living room. He's sure of it. There's the old green couch, although there's no tears in the cushions and it doesn't look dusty. There's the T.V., devoid of cracks. There's the pet rock, covered in glitter instead of dried blood. And there's the sock, sitting where it always does, tiny post-it notes surrounding it. Sans blinked a couple times, more than shocked. Red seemed to sense his distress and ported to the front of his face, moving Sans' hand to support him.

"Papa? Are you okay?" Sans blinked and looked down, unaware of the past few minutes.

"Y-yeah, kid. Sorry, just...let's just go get some grub." Red nodded and blipped back to Sans' shoulder as Sans continued his trek into the kitchen. Frowning at the tall sink, Sans grumbled under his breath as he set the two skeletons down gently, rummaging in the cabinets and fridge. There were a LOT of containers of some kind of meat mix, but Sans wasn't completely sure what it was. Scrunching his face he grabbed the carton of milk and floated some cups down from the cupboard he found them in, grabbing a couple straws from one of the drawers. Pouring the milk for the tiny skeletons, Sans gave them both straws and set off to figure out where the hell he was.

This was his and Boss' house alright, but there was a distinctly different vibe to everything. It didn't feel as heavy, if that made any sense. But, try as he did, Sans couldn't find anyone in the house. Or any clues. Shaking his head as his headache worsened he walked back into the kitchen where Red and Fell were sitting on the counter, their milk gone. Sans sighed and got out one of the containers of the ground meat, smelling it and eating some himself. He wasn't about to give it to his boys if it was poisoned. What...what did he just call them? Sans' eyes widened as he shook off the thought, popping the meat in the microwave. Looking in the fridge again he found what looked like flat pieces of white bread and got those out as well. No sense in eating just meat. Once the microwave dinged Sans grabbed out the container and scooped some of it on two of the strange round pieces, wrapping them up messily and setting it in front of the little ones.

"Oh...uh...I don't know that we could eat all of that..." Red mumbled, his eyes wide at the amount of food. Sans thought for a moment before cutting one of the wraps in half, taking the other and munching on it. Red smiled at him and he and Fell got to work, eating like they wouldn't be able to for a long time. If Sans had anything to say about it, they wouldn't ever go hungry again.

"Oh, uh...you're better." Sans flinched at his brother's voice, dropping his food in the floor as he turned. Standing at the doorway to the kitchen was Papyrus, although he was sure Papyrus would never be caught dead in those clothes. An orange hoody and cargo shorts...a smoke dangling from his teeth. Sans gulped and tried to stifle his shaking. This wasn't Boss, and that would...kind of explain what was going on? Trembling slightly, Sans opened his eyes and tried not to sound as scared as he was.

"How much do I owe you?"