Chapter Six

Length: 2.6K

Ashton was alone in his room when he woke up the next morning, which he was slightly surprised at. He thought that Calum would be the type to sleep until the late afternoon hours because it was only 7:15 in the morning. Without a second thought, the boy got out of bed to get dressed for the day and go to the cafeteria to get his breakfast. It was his first day of classes and he was beyond excited to start. It may have been because he was just a huge fan of school and learning in general, but he also had an inkling that it was because it was going to be a different type of learning and it was going to be more in depth than high school.

Once Ashton made sure that everything he needed for the day was put perfectly in his backpack, he set it on the floor and cleaned up his side of the room so it was clean and fit his standards. He grabbed everything that he needed and headed out the door, being sure to lock it in case there were any curious ones wandering the halls.  He didn't care if they would take Calum's things, it was his own that he was concerned about.

As he got to the bottom floor of the dormitory, he spotted Bryana at the vending machine. Glancing down at his watch, he saw that he had enough time for a quick chat with her.  He quickly rushed over to the blonde just as she was turning to leave the vending machine. She went to open her granola bar when she noticed Ashton approaching her.

"Hey, Bry," Ashton greeted when he got close enough to the girl.

"Hey, Ashton!  What are you doing up so early?" she asked with her big award winning smile.

"I have class in about an hour," he told her. "I should be asking you the same. You look lovely for being having gotten up so early."

"Oh, thank you! It's a new dress actually! But I'm headed off to class too. I decided that I might as well make a good impression," she said, grabbing the hem of the dress in between her finger tips.

"What building are you going to?" Ashton wondered

Bryana began digging around in her purse, pulling out a folded piece of paper. She looked down at it, reading carefully. "I'm in Donnelly Hall. What about you?"

"That's where I am headed towards as well! Would you like to accompany me on the way there?" Ashton asked, sticking out his arm for the blonde to link up with.

"I would love to!"

The two started off to Donnelly Hall, arms linked as they talked about meaningless things and walked with a purpose. The pair received weird looks - Ashton guessed that it was because they were wondering why someone such as himself was walking around with a girl like Bryana. He thought that it was downright rude that people were so judgmental based on looks. Just because Ashton wasn't the equivalent of an Abercrombie & Fitch model doesn't mean he couldn't associate with Bryana, a girl that could become a Victoria's Secret model at the drop of a hat.