Chapter 11: Fairytales Coming True

FLASHING FOWARD

When Dani recovered from most of her injuries, which took a good few months, she recovered well. All the bruises she had were fading, but she still had to wear a brace for her knee and go to physical therapy. She healed from her foot and arm problem, as well.
Her and I hung out alot more, we got closer everyday we were with each other. Dani and I understood each other like flipping the pages to a book. We had a real sister relationship going on, it felt good to connect with someone like her. My mom and dad were even talking again, discussing about us all the time. Including how nice it was to see us together again as sisters. My step dad was never around anymore, so my mom ended up giving up on him. Mom had her own theories of where he was.
Dani and Dallas were still together, so were Sodapop and I.
One day, I got up and got ready to go make breakfast. Being the first one up in the Curtis' house means you fix breakfast.
I got up in just my tank top and little shorts. Rubbing my sleepy eyes, I yawned, and threw my hair up in a messy ponytail.
"Babe?" Soda hummed sleepily.
"Yes?" I yawned.
He ripped me down next to him, cuddling me, "Don't go yet."
I smiled, although his pull really did hurt, "I gotta make breakfast, hun."
"You don't have too, yet," he ran his fingers threw my ponytail and inched me closer.
"Alright," I mumbled tiredly.
"Hey, babe," Sodapop yawned, "I gotta tell ya somethin'."
"Whatsup?" I asked.
He got up in just his white muscle shirt and shorts, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.
"How would you like this for your birthday tomorrow?" He pulled out a sparkling, locket necklace that had Dani and I in it for a picture.
"I just couldn't wait any longer," he whispered as I got up and hugged him tightly.
"Babe," I breathed under my happiness as I kissed him, "It's beautiful."
Our lips touched for a long moment, until Darry came in.
"Sodapop, you know the rules. If you're up first, you gotta fix breakfast," Darry sternly stated.
"Sorry, Darry," he apologized.
"It's alright, little buddy, just do it next time," he said walking out as Sodapop nodded his head.
Sodapop got in the shower and after he came out in a towel, he came over to me.
"Babe, we're going out today. I ain't got work," he notified me. "Your birthday is tomorrow and I'm on shift, so I won't be able to spend time with ya."
"So, you're celebrating early?" I asked.
"You bet I am," he smiled and kissed me with his wet lips.
"Babe, you're still wet from the shower," I giggled, "go dry off."
"Alright, but go get ready," he winked at me, "Go get dressed in Darry's room, he allows it."
I looked at Darry as he winked back at Sodapop.
"Okay?" I raised an eyebrow
He walked into his room to get dressed and I walked into the room across from him. Steve, Darry, Pony, Two, Johnny, and now Dani who came in, started smiling wildly. Dallas just stood next to Dani who had no emotion to his face.
"What?" I asked. Then I looked at Daniela, who was in a red dress with a hint of white and a pair of white wedges.
"You look so beautiful!" I hugged her as I squealed.
"Dallas and the boys got it for me. Go get dressed, c'mon we're going out," She laughed.
"Alright," I walked into Darry's room.
There on his bed sat a dark blue dress, my favorite color. It had a silver stripe on the short sleeves and around the neck. The tip of the dress had a sliver stripe, too. Next to them were wedges, silver ones. A note was placed ontop.

Dear Annabella,
Happy early birthday. This dress is from me and the boys. We've been saving up for a while to get you all this. You're a very special girl in all our lives, we did the same thing for Dani. You guys deserve it. I hope you two have the most happiest birthday every.

We love you,
Sodapop Curtis.

I teared up a little at the note, the dress, and everything else. I carefully got the dress on and zipped it up. Taking my wedges, I slipped them on and strapped the clip tightly. I locked my necklace onto my neck and fixed my hair. The curls from my braids looked even better with the outfit, so I sprayed some hairspray in my hair.

I walked out to shock faces and a little scream from Dani, "You look so beautiful, oh my goodness!"
She came over and wrapped her arms around me.
Sodapop came out in a short sleeve, white collared shirt, dark blue jeans, and sneakers. Dallas wore his usual; leather jacket, shirt under it, jeans, and his boots. He could really care less what he looked like.
Sodapop was speechless when his eyes landed on me.
"I love it," I cried happily, "thank you so much."
Daniela thanked them all, too. "Thanks so much you guys."
"Happy birthday," they all cheered in unison.
Daniela and I giggled.
Steve piped in, "Well, get a move on. Daylights wastin'."
Sodapop grabbed my hand, Dani and Dallas went in Buck's car, and Soda and I went his truck.
"You ready, my princess?" He said cheerfully.
"Should I be? I don't know where we're going," I said.
"You'll see," he teased.

We drove until we came to a beach and a park, it was pretty quiet and empty. Shops filled the streets, running down the road for what seems like it would never stop. The sun was shinning bright, it was a warm day, and the waves in the background made the tone of the day seem softer than it was already.
Dallas and Dani got out of their car. Instantly, Dallas lit up a ciagrette.
"So, wanna walk the shops or beach?" Sodapop asked, taking my hand. "First choice for the birthday girls."
"Shops," we both stated at the same time.
Soda smiled, "Alright, shops first it is."
We walked down the sidewalk, stopping in every other shop. We got compliments on our dresses, Sodapop was very proud when someone did make a comment. Someone even told me my boyfriend was a doll. I glared at them, smiled, but then told Soda.
He would laugh and tell me he's all mine, that I don't have to worry and let's keep walking.
Soon after, we went to the beach at sunset. I put my wedges in the car so they wouldn't be ruined. Soda brought a huge blanket for all of us to sit on so we wouldn't get dirty.
"So how old will you be?" Sodapop asked.
"18," I stated.
He nodded, "come here."
I stood up and walked to the center of the beach, I seen Dani get up with a camera and set it up.
"What ya doing?" I questioned.
"Taking a pic of the sunset, it's so pretty," She hummed.
I smiled.
Then I looked down and saw Soda on one knee, a little silver ring in a small white box was sitting in his hand.
I seen the flash of a camera as I stood in shock.
"Annabella Paris Brooklyn," he stared up at me, "Will you marry me? I know it seems so soon, but I've loved you all my life."
I started crying joyful and happy tears, "Yes, Sodapop Patrick Curtis, I will!"
He got up and spun me around, I seen the camera flash again. Soda took the ring out of box and placed it on my finger.
"C'mon, baby, let's get home," he kissed me ever so passionately as the sun started to set.
I yawned and leaned against him, he picked me up bridal style and sat me in his truck.
"Bye, Dallas and Dani, see ya tomorrow," I heard Sodapop faintly call.

NEXT MORNING

When I woke up, I was cold. I looked around and seen an empty sheet next to me.
I rubbed my eyes and then seen all the boys, except for Sodapop, barge through the door and scream happy birthday.
"Happy birthday!" they all screamed.
I laughed as I rubbed my eyes, "Thanks, guys."
They got up and led me to breakfast, "Sodapop is at work. He said, if you want, you can meet him at the DX for a few minutes."
I smiled and thanked them,  "Thanks guys so much, this means so much to me."
"Anything for you," Johnny said and hugged me. Then, one on one, they all decided to have a hugging train when I was finished with breakfast.
"C'mon, let's go," Pony said.
Darry got ready for work and made his way out the door. It was just Pony, Johnny, Two-bit, and me.
"So, you're marrying Sodapop, huh?" Ponyboy asked.
I looked down at my ring finger and seen the ring he placed on my hand last night.
"I guess so," I smiled at the thought of him, "I'll be the happiest girl in the world."
They all laughed and patted me on me back, congratulating me and looking at the ring.

We approached my boyfriend of nine months, soon to be my husband, work as he waved at us to come towards him. Today, he was pumping gas. I looked at the road as I walked towards him, the Mustangs, Corvettes, and the other tuff cars of Tulsa pulled into the DX, where one of my bestfriends worked..