I love my Best-Friend... So Why Am I Helping Him Love Another? (BoyXboy)

*before you read any further - this has been cancelled and rewritten as The Wingman on my profile*

I drink in his appearance. Lorcen has decided to wear smug jeans that frames his taunt butt perfectly. If I lift my gaze I will see his broad shoulders and eventually his slightly curled black hair that framed his almost angelic face. He turns around and sees me, a massive grin on his face.

"Tate!" I only let him call me Tate. Nate or Nathan to others. He envelopes me in a massive hug. This is what I loved about Lorcen's hugs; there's so much to hug. Lorcen is a pretty tall guy. Lean and well muscled. I know for a fact he as wash board abs to die for. That summer was amazing... I avert my thoughts in case I start drooling. He pulls back and grins down at me.

Little fact about myself. I'm tallish, no where near Lorcen though. I'm skinny. I'm a bully magnet. I'm perfect for it! I wear ripped jeans, baggy t-shirts with band logos no one has ever heard off and what I consider fun is sitting in the library and reading.

"Missed you so much," he says.

"Missed you too, dude." Lorcen had gone to a camp out for the last week and I hadn't seen him since then. That was the longest we've gone without seeing each other.

"I need to talk to you Tate..." Lorcen tells me in hushed tones.

I raise an eyebrow, "Is it serious?"

"Yeah... kinda..."

The bell rang, signaling for us to go to our classes. Lorcen curses under his breath.

"I'll find you later, okay?" He gives me a smile and ran off to his next class, leaving me standing there breathless. He has no idea that I'm so in love with him.

When lunch finally comes I go to the bathrooms and tousle up my hair in the mirror. I'm not too bad looking if I'm to be honest but I'm no Lorcen. My wavy honey blonde –slightly red in sunlight- almost covers my eyes and covers the nape of my neck. I have big grey eyes, framed by too heavy eyelashes that look weird on a boy. I tried eyeliner one time... Big mistake, I had to get Lorcen to drive me to A&E to get the nib out.

"Lookie here... It's the pussy."

I recognize the voice all too well. "How many times do I have to say this, Marcus..." I say, turning around, "I do not own a cat."

Marcus isn't exactly your typical bully. He's not popular, but not as unpopular as myself. The depressing thing is Marcus and I used to be really close. Heck, Lorcen, Marcus and I used to be really close. But as we grew older and our interests differed. I took interest in music, Marcus in girls and Lorcen in camping and hiking. But as Lorcen grew older he got hell of a lot hotter. The majority of the girls in the school fancy him. Me too. Marcus was jealous of that and grew very bitter. Began to work out, but just made his body look very buff and unmatched to his pimpled face. So out of my friends, I am the one who barely changed except for clothes and probably a centimeter in height. His eyes bore down into me as he snarled.

"You don't scare me, Marcus."

"I should."

"Just because you have biceps the size of my neck does not mean I am crapping my pants every time I see you."

"Fag."

"Like I haven't heard that before! You always were original."

His fist slams into my gut. I crouch over and cough, looking up through my hair.

"Nice aim you've got there."

Another punch to the gut and I go down on my knees. "You want me... to give you a blow job?"

"That's enough, Marcus," Lorcen's voice erupts in my ears.

"Hey buddy," I cough.

"Get out of here before I do much worse to you."

And with that Marcus is out like a shot. Lorcen crouches down and puts his arms around me.

"You okay?"

"Peachy... Thanks..." I look at his green twinkling eyes and my breath held in my throat... his face is so close to mine... If I just reach out and pull him into me... He pulls me up and I hop back awkwardly.

"Um, you wanted to talk?" I say awkwardly, banishing all thoughts from my head. Lorcen isn't gay.

"Yeah... Tate, what's your view on homosexuals?"

The air got caught in my throat. He knows. I clear my throat. "I believe that gender isn't an issue if you love someone..."

Relief floods through his face and I'm confused.

"I knew you'd say that. Tate, I'm gay... Or rather bisexual... I think."

I could have dug a hole from here to Australia. I could have flown to the moon and back. My face broke into a frenzy of smiles.

"That's... great!" I held my breath for the next bit... For him to say he realised he loves me too. It never came.

"I'm glad you think so. It's such a relief. I'm glad you don't find it weird... I really like this guy..."

This was it. This is going to happened. I was already visualizing our wedding.

"His name is Dougie... well really Douglas... but – oh Nate you'd even call him cute!"

My heart drops to the floor.

I was too late.

Lorcen spends the rest of the day nattering on about this Dougie, about how he's so cute and so funny and oh so good at camping. I swear I was going to start retching if he mentioned that camping trip one more time. I knew I should have objected to him going, he always listened to me. Then he wouldn't have one silly little crush on a guy that seems too good to be true. Lorcen's too good to be true too. I knew I could never have him, gay or not gay. I wasn't his type. I had always assumed that Lorcen would end up with this drop dead gorgeous chick... Now guy. Dougie would have to be gorgeous for Lorcen to be interested. I scoffed to myself, he should count himself lucky that Lorcen looked at him twice.

Lorcen waved a hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

"You okay, dude?"

"Me? What? I'm fine! Just a little tired..."

Lorcen let out a laugh, "You seem uneasy, whats up?" He places his hand on mine. A comforting yet extremely hot. I rip my hand away before anything happened below the belt. Lorcen gives me a confused look. I coughed.

"So... um when are you meeting up with him again?"

"This weekend for a few days... I was thinking that you could come, give your opinion," he looks sheepishly down. Immediately my brain started plotting but I refused to smile no matter how much I wanted to.

"Sounds great!" I jump on the offer. Lorcens face erupts into a smile.

A few days with Lorcens so called crush may just give me enough time to ruin it all.

*

I'd appreciate it so much if you left your comment telling me if you like and a vote if you really want to. Cover is temporary until I make something better but our cover star is Nathan. Cute eh? Shall get more exciting!