Author's Note

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Author's Note: The idea for this story came from writing The Poolman and The Secretary. I always liked Kristen as a character, and her background combined with her new career intrigued me. I wondered, what would happen if Kristen, raised in sunny California with unlimited funds, met an average Joe on the oppsite coast? Would they get along? Would they fall in love despite their differences? Thus, Build Me Up.

Unlike my trilogy, I will not be using first person narrative. I've been reading a LOT of romance books lately on my Kindle (yes, I'm addicted) and gotten into the third person narrative with two main characters' POVs.

I'm trying something new with this story, which is that while I'm doing NaNoWriMo, I'm going to post what I write each day. This will not be edited (as per the rules) and I can't guarantee it will all come together. It's a risk, but I'm up for it if you are :) If this turns out to be a worthwhile story, I'll edit and re-post (unless I'm okay with the way it's turned out).

I will start posting on November 1 and the final instalment should be on or before November 30. I'm planning to do an intensive 24-hour session this coming weekend to get the word count up. We'll see how that goes...

If you prefer a well-edited, reasonably well-constructed and thought-out story, I'd suggest you skip this one while the "NaNoWriMo" note is up with the title :)

Enjoy!