Day 5 (161 words)

Author's Note: Well, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be posting anything tonight, as I haven't really written anything. But since I set out to do this challenge right here in the open, these are the words I wrote today, after coming home from a work event.

____________

Kristen spent her time while waiting for her burger to arrive to ponder her situation. Maybe she should have introduced herself to Ford Hamm, explained how they were supposed to work together on a year-long project and so on. But she’d been thrown by the toolbox event and the following surprise reveal of Annoying Guy’s identity. He seemed to know the waitress well, though. Maybe she could glean some information about him from Hallie.

Hallie arrived with her burger and Kristen was just about to ask about Ford Hamm when the man himself walked back into the restaurant and Hallie was distracted.

“Change your mind?” Hallie said and Kristen shamelessly eavesdropped.

“Change of plans,” Ford shrugged. “Burger still on offer?”

“For you? Always,” Hallie winked and patted his chest before heading off to the kitchen. Kristen couldn’t help wondering what that broad chest felt like. Like, was the T-shirt damp from sweat? She couldn’t see any stains, but you never knew.