Chapter 12: "Begs me to catch her when she falls."

            Hope and I hadn't spoken in a week and a half. She could keep it up for a while. It was hard for her to admit she was wrong. Honestly, I didn't know who was. I knew she hung out with Jesse but that was all the information I gathered. We were all sitting outside School waiting for Ryan to get his car. Hope was with Eric, sitting on a bench. She was sitting on him and they were cuddling. It was weird. Then he got up and picked a flower from the tree that was near him and gave it to her. She smiled really big and kissed him on the cheek. I mumbled something under my breath.

"Adam," Mickey wined.

"What?" I said irritated. 

"Can you and Hope make up already?" He asked.

"No," I stated.

We all glanced at her and Eric.

"You have to admit it's nice to see her so happy?" Jesse added.

"Yeah but-" I started to say.

"But what? Adam just give the guy a chance. I'm getting sick and tired of us not being able to hang out with her because you guys aren't talking. Stop being so immature. Let the girl be happy and put your fucking feelings aside." Mickey scoffed getting up and walking away.

"Well, that was eventful." Jesse said as we turned to face each other.

"He's right isn't he?" I reluctantly asked.

"Yes, you idiot. She misses you she told me herself. I know you guys can't stay mad at each other for long." Jesse said.

"Aw she misses me." I blushed slightly mocking her.

"Just don't tell her that. I don't want her to be mad for telling you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said ignoring him.

            Later that day I walked to Hope's holding a bag of ice cream filled with her favorite flavor, Mint Chocolate-Chip.  I walked up her steps and to her surprise i saw her dad's car in the drive way. He was home, which was unusual. I just prayed he didn't open the door. It's not like he didn't like me, he just scared the shit out of me. I saw the door knob turn and I held my breath.

 "Hey," Hope said shyly.

"Hey, look I'm sorry about what I said and if Eric makes you happy, I'm happy. So I decided to give him a chance, for you." I told her.

"Really? You will?" Hope jumped into my arms hugging me. "That mean so much!"

"Yeah and I was getting tired of not talking to you. And Jesse said you missed me."

"Dammit, Jesse." Hope said, slightly laughing.

"But look what I brought!" I said handing her the bag.

Hope smiled. "This is what you're my favorite."

" So just bring Eric over to Jesse's on Friday, like always and I'll get to know him." I told Hope who was intently staring at the carton of ice cream.

"Uh-hu." She ignored what I said. I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Hope?" I smiled. "You want to eat it don't you?" I laughed.

"Yes! More than anything in the world!" She said grabbing the ice cream out of my hand and running into her house to get a spoon, with me following behind her.