eight

It hurt

It hurt. A lot.

Ginny Weasley had been seen snogging Dean Thomas.

Waverly had been walking behind Fay Dunbar
on her way to Herbology one day, when she overheard her conversation with a girl with very curly orange hair, when she said she'd seen Dean Thomas kissing someone.

"They were just outside the common room! The nerve! Couldn't they get a room or something? It's not like you have to tell the world that you are dating one of the most attractive guys at school," Fay gossiped.

"I know right? Ginny thinks just because she's friends with Harry and all that she can do anything. Even snog Dean Thomas," the other girl replied.

Waverly felt a knot start to form in her stomach, and she immediately regretted taking the long way to Herbology. She would also probably regret what she was going to do later, but she had time to think about the possibilities.

"Hey Waves. How's your day been?" the Gryffindor popped up behind her.

But, she faked a smile, and with the most profound response she could gather, answered, "Wonderful? And you?"

Just because you're sincere doesn't mean that you're being honest.

"It just got better now that I'm with one of my bestfriends," the girl grinned.

Waverly almost felt bad for kissing him. She almost felt bad when she saw the look on Ginny's face, but sincerity and honesty are very different concepts.

So when she pulled away, and Ginny looked completely dumbfounded, Waverly didn't know if she was pleased or not. It certainly was not pleasant, nor was it a good kiss on her side, but the Slytherin didn't know what she disliked more, kissing Blaise Zabini or Ginny kissing Dean Thomas.

Blaise swaggered off, looking very pleased with himself.

"Well that was spontaneous," Ginny said slowly.

"Yeah. You didn't hear? We're dating now," said Waverly, with another faux smile.

"Oh, um... Well— Good for you two. Dean and I are dating as well. Just thought you should know considering— yeah."

"Um, yeah. Cool," Waverly said, tears brimming her green eyes. She shook it off with a yawn, "Merlin I'm tired. I guess that's what you get when you stay up till one in the morning studying right?"

Ginny seemed disconnected, and gave her response a few seconds late. "Hm, yeah. I won't be doing that for a while."

They continued their walk to the greenhouses, and the girls seemed to be at a loss for words. No more conversation was exchanged the rest of their morning lessons.

Waverly rushed to lunch; all she wanted was to sit with Luna and rant to someone who will listen intently.

But before she could actually enjoy her meal, Blaise Zabini sat himself down next to her at the table, startling Luna.