009

From: MaR1989@hotmails.de

Sent: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 12:24AM

To: ELO135@yahooh.com

Subject: RE: no subject

Whether you want to believe me or not, the girl on the pictures is definitely not my girlfriend. Well not my current one at least. Not that I currently have one. I wish that my current girlfriend would be you.

---

MARCO

The drive towards Mainz was quite uncomfortable. Or awkward, you could also say. Eloise didn't really talk to me at all and was constantly checking her phone for messages or missed phone calls. And sometimes she would hum along to the music on the radio, which I found irresistible to smile at. And then she would look at me, with a look that could kill. And then I would keep my eyes back on the road. Eloise is really great, she just doesn't realize it herself. And I wish she would realize how much I want her in my life, even though she thinks that I don't, because I just happen to be 'famous'. Or a footballer.

"This is the hotel," I tell her and look to my right. She looks at me, smiling. She looked so tired and it was not even evening yet. We had eaten some sandwiches at a gas station and we would probably get dinner at the hotel or at some restaurant in either Mainz or we would drive up to Frankfurt.

"That's a really beautiful hotel," she exclaims and it is true. I thought about it at first, not sure whether she had ever stayed in a hotel this size. Besides that, I'm not even sure whether I'd be able to book a separate room for Eloise or at least a room with two separate beds, because I don't want to force her upon sleeping with me in the same bed. Even though I would not mind that at all.

"It is really beautiful hotel, I've stayed here before," I tell her and I detect a smile on her face, "I'll have to arrange a separate room for you though. I hadn't anticipated you'd be here in time for the game and booked a single room." She just nodded. "Many of the nationals are bringing their girlfriends or wives, some don't. So it's totally okay."

"But I'm neither a girlfriend or a wife," Eloise says.

"I'd like you to be," I say. But she just rolls her eyes and opens the door and gets out of the car. I sigh before getting out of the car as well. I open the trunk so both of us can get our stuff. Eloise just brought a tiny bag with some essentials and nothing more. I, instead, brought an entire suitcase, for just two nights. We'd be going home the 7th of June already.

"So what kind of game is this?" Eloise asks, "I'm not all too familiar with all the football kind of stuff. I mean I kind of know things, just because I had some class where we had to interview football players." I raise an eyebrow.

"Did you interview anyone that I might know?" I ask her, while we walk towards the entrance of the hotel. Many of the others probably already arrived, or they would do so later in the afternoon, since we still have the final training to go. The other times, I just travel around and if it's really too far, I just stay in a hotel for a day or two.

"Griezmann. He plays in the French national team, and probably another team as well, but what do I know," Eloise laughs. I know him. Well not really personally. But I have played against him.

"I know him. He's pretty new, isn't he?" I ask her. It's not as if I don't know the answer, I just enjoy hearing her talk.

"Yeah, I mean, he will join our country to the World Championships though," Eloise says and she smiles. She's really beautiful when she smiles. I push the door open to the lobby of the hotel. I walk to the front desk and a lady walks up to me. She doesn't look particularly nice and I don't want to annoy her too much by asking for another room, but she seemed to be the type that would get annoyed by changing plans.

"I book for Reus. Marco Reus," I tell her. She looks into the computer and nods. Of course she would. I know for sure that I booked. Or at least, someone booked for me. It was kind of all arranged.

"Single room," the lady says, "Let me find the keys."

"Do you think that could be changed into a double room?" I ask, "I know it's pretty last minute, but it's kind of necessary, because I brought company." I wink at Eloise who was trying to log into the WIFI network of the hotel. The lady nods. "A separate bedroom for her would also work just fine."

"We're fully booked, sir," she says, "But the bed is probably big enough for you to sleep in together. You're only staying for two nights I see." She looks at the computer again. "I see that tomorrow another room will be available, but for now, there is nothing I can do."

"Thank you. Do you think you could book that room for tomorrow, so that we can switch after one night?" I ask her.

"Definitely," she says and starts typing down all kinds of stuff and I look back at Eloise, who looks very content. I'm not sure how's she's going to react to this, but we'll have to see. "There you go, sir, the key to your room. It's on the third floor." I nod and take the key from her and walk up to Eloise.

"I've got the key, do you wanna go up?" I ask her and she nods. I'm not sure when the right timing is to tell her, but I decide it's not now. We walk up to the elevator and get in when it beeps. I pull my suitcase after me and I also carry Eloise's bag because it seemed as if she was struggling with it a little. And the gentleman in me wanted to help. Once the doors close, I look at Eloise again.

"We have to stay in the same bed tonight," I tell her. She looks at me. Not even surprised at all.

"I saw it coming," Eloise says, "It's alright."

"I arranged a different room for you tomorrow," I say, "So it's only one night." She nods. I'm not sure whether she is alright at all.

"Why are you not bringing your girlfriend?" she says once the doors open. I roll my eyes. I don't know how often I have told her that I don't currently have a girlfriend. I think about Summer sometimes, and she is the one that was on the pictures that she sent me. And I don't think I'm even ready to talk about her with someone other than a therapist. When we find the room and open it, Eloise shrugs again, probably wanting to make another remark about my girlfriend.

"Eloise, before you make another remark about my so-called girlfriend, please don't," I say to her. She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Why would I not?" she asks me, "You're clearly lying to me, even if I really hope that you're not." I sit down on the bed, that is clearly big enough for 4 people. No, I'm serious, it's really big. I don't know why they would name this a single bedroom. I'm wondering how the double bedrooms would look like.

"My girlfriend – well I mean the girl you saw on the pictures," I start, "She's dead and that's all I want to say about it, so will you please stop now."