016

From: ELO135@yahooh.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 14:25PM

To: MaR1989@hotmails.de

Subject: RE: no subject

You better stay in France for a little longer, because I would really like you to attend my graduation in 2 weeks. Or you will have to come back. It would be a shame if my boyfriend didn't show up on the most important day of my life. Don't you think? Will you come? I have to sign up how many people will join me. It's probably my parents, my sister and you. So that's 4 people. If you will be able to come as well. If you want to stay longer, you can stay in my apartment. Well, I'm writing too much here. I guess we'll talk about this later.

---

ELOISE

The first evening back in my apartment was restless. It seems obvious to me now, considering that I am now back at my university with my thesis in my hand, waiting until I can hand it in. I left Marco in my apartment to sleep some more, because it is a few minutes past 9 in the morning. And I had my appointment at 9 precisely.

"Eloise Paquet?" someone said. I stood up and saw my professor standing in the doorway. I followed him in, quite nervous and he started talking about my thesis when the door wasn't even closed behind me. The words were positive and he was surprised with my subject choice. He didn't expect me to write about sports journalism. You would think I would have been inspired by Marco, but I had written most of it already before I even knew that Marco was a professional soccer player. The professor sat down and I sat in front of him. I was only here to hand it in on paper, I had already emailed it to him beforehand.

"How was it?" Marco asked when I arrived back at the apartment. He was standing shirtless in my tiny kitchen, drinking a glass of milk and a sandwich.

"It was alright, it was just handing in my paper, you know," I answered, "I mean I'll get the results later, or at least, they will tell me if I'll be able to graduate or not." I sigh and sit down on my bed, gazing at Marco's half-naked body. "They did ask me how many people I'd bring to the graduation ceremony in 2 weeks."

"When exactly is it?" Marco asked me.

"Beginning of July," I reply back. I wasn't completely sure about the exact date, but I wasn't even sure whether Marco would be able to come anyways.

"I would love to come," Marco says, "But I don't know about my leg and I was planning to go to Brazil if die Mannschaft happens to get pretty far, you know." I nod and check my phone.

"I understand, of course," I mumble.

"I promise I'll be there," Marco says again and he sits down next to me on the bed, "I'll stop in Paris and then I'll attend your ceremony and then we both quickly try and catch the next plane to Brazil, how does that sound?"

"Well, that sounds expensive, I'd have to go check my bank account for that," I tell him.

"I can pay for you," Marco says.

"You know, I'm a very independent woman that doesn't need a man to take care of her," I tell him.

"Alright, alright," Marco says, "Check your bank account." I grin at him, and I'd surely check my bank account, knowing that there was only little left on it. But I didn't want to give in just yet. I know Marco would end up paying for me anyways, but I didn't want that to be the standard, because I would end up working somewhere great and make my own money. Just not now yet. We lie there for a moment, and then Marco gets dressed again.