Chapter 1 Part 3

Year 2

Things got tough. Real tough. I still loved Ahkemrah, my feelings never quitting much, but it almost became too much some nights.

Ahk dedicated his time to the tablet, going through what he knows and trying to figure things out on mortality. Literally the first thing he did when he woke up was give me a quick kiss on the cheek and a half ass "I love you" before giving Nami a smile and a kiss on the head. Then he would immediately return to work, mumbling things under his breath grunting softly when he would get frustrated.

Sometimes I would help him, other times I would just sit there watching Bonami sleep soundly with his thumb slightly sticking out of his mouth. Other times when I couldn't stand Ahk I would walk around the museum, thinking or hanging out with Sacawaega.

One night things just got too hard for any of us to handle. It was one thing after another, everyone was like a bull in a china shop. The cavemen got the fire extinguishers and created a whole mess in the miniatures section which required dad, Teddy, Sacawaega and I to hand pick out all the men and women from the foamy mess. We had to wash down the whole thing and dry off everyone and everything.

Jed was not happy being man handled.

Then the civil war dudes got back into the fighting business again when one of them "said" something mean to another soldier and a couple of shots and punches later we have a jumbled mess of fake limbs all around the lobby. They took up more of my night too.

In between those two incidents I had time to go back to Bonami to check up on him and make sure Ahkemrah was okay. I placed a hand on his shoulder rubbing his upper arm slowly, "Babe maybe you should take a break? Hey, why don't we just go up to the roof and look at the stars for a bit, you like looking at the stars." I offered softly, praying he would respond in a good way.

He sighed, turning his head to look at me slightly, "No Natasha, no stars. I need to figure this out so then I can be living again. I can be with you and Bonami, and he can be raised perfectly. You wouldn't even have to go to your job anymore because I would take care of you." His voice turned annoyed, and he spoke to me as if I was a toddler being told 'no' I huffed, pulling my hand off of him.

"Fine." I clipped my words short, "I need to go do something, can you watch Bonami for a bit?" I had already started walking backwards when he waved his hand dismissively at me.

I breathed in and breathed out slowly to calm my irritation towards him. It's becoming a very big love hate relationship with him. I love that he wants to become mortal again, and that he is so dedicated with his task he set upon himself. Did I beg him to become mortal again? No. Did I think life would be nicer with Ahkmenrah around, to be a normal couple? Yes.

Do I believe it's healthy that he spends a huge majority of his time trying to figure this all out? Hell no.

I looked over at Bonami to see him sleeping soundly again, giving him a small smile I continued to walk out of the Egyptian exhibit. The Anubis guards bowed at me before letting me pass through.

I sighed sadly as I neared the exit, his mumbling could still be heard as he wrote something down on some scratch paper my father had given him. I placed a hand on the cold stone of the entry way, I whispered barely audible to myself, "Please look back. Please?"

I paused for a moment or two, praying for him to turn around. I frowned before turning and walking out, my shoes padding along the floor silently.