Prologue: The Trojan War

The golden apple had said "To the Fairest". But what the apple bore was not fair for neither Trojan nor Greek.

~~~~~

The screams of men women and children alike filled the air. They will haunt the streets for centuries. Ringing through the wind as the lone man walks through the ruins of the once beautiful city of Troy. What was once seen as a noble gift was now their worst nightmare. It will be later be known as the Trojan horse. 

Ten years the Greeks had fought to get back the beautiful Helen of Troy. 

Andromache Hektor's wife, sister-in-law to both Paris and Helen, looked out from the battlements her infant son Astynax in her her soft arms. There was no escape for her. She had lost her god-like husband in hands of the accursed Achilles. She will be reduced to a slave as the Greeks sacked the beautiful city of Troy. Her only hope was that Astynax could be saved.

She rushed to her handmaid and was just about to hand her the child when the doors flew open. The formidable figure of Neoptolemus, son of Achilles. He smiled and ugly smile. Behind him stood Helen, her golden hair untouched in a coil, with pretty pins and ribbons. Her crystal blue eyes pleading for forgiveness.

But Andromache couldn't do it.

After all I've done for you you little bitch! You betray us!

Neoptolemus grabbed a hold of the baby's foot. Andromache knew what he was going to do and resisted.

"NOOO! NO! LET MY SON GO!" she screamed

The son of Achilles merely laughed, his glinting armour making him look formidable. He smiled at little Astynax, who wailed in terror. His screams ringing with those of a thousand others.

"So you are little Scamandrius or as they call you Astynax King of the city." He a deep booming laugh. "Long may you reign!"

He pulled the baby towards him but Andromache held fast.

Suddenly a sharp pain shot through her scalp. Her head jerked back. Another soldier had pulled her back by the hair. The pins and ribbons fell to the ground as he lost her grip on the baby. Neoptolemus was now holding the baby by the foot, dangling him over the battlements. Astynax cried. He shrieks piercing through the night.

"Since my father killed his father he might try to avenge the death. He also could become King of Troy, and we want no more kings of Troy!" He boomed.

With that he threw the child with formidable force.

Andromache let out a great screech. But her shrieks merely joined those of many others. He hair hung loose now. The soldier had let her go. But her baby, the only thing she had left of Hektor was gone.

Sobs built up in her chest then finally she let out an agonizing wail. It was the most monstrous most saddest sound anyone had ever heard.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Helen's.

"You whore!" Andromache cried. "It's because of you and your slutting that my baby was taken from me. Take you filthy hands away from me you bitch. Gods knows where they have been!" She burst into fresh sobs. "After all I did for you."

Tears welled in Helen's eyes but she left none the less, feeling much more guiltier about herself than ever.

~~~~~

King Priam of Troy knew he had lost. He awaited his death.

The door opened and in came the son of Achilles, to avenge his father. In his hand was the weapon to be used to kill him. But it was neither sword nor spear. It was the bruised and bloodied body of a naked baby boy.

Priam let a sob escape from his lips as the sight of a once beautiful cherub of boy.

His killer gave a smile. Priam composed himself and looked at Neoptolemus in the eyes.

"Kill me..." he whispered.

With that Neoptomelus delivered the first of many blows to come.

~~~~~

HELLOO JELLO! How do you like my new story?!

Dedicated to Cheesy_Bread537 for being amazing and helping me with the title. Please tell me what you think.

~Sargun