☾ s e v e n; e a r t h p r i e s t e s s ☾

A confused look was settled on Grace's face as she saw what was set up in the backyard that she had played in a lot as a child. A frown was on her face when she saw the scarecrow and hay bales set up to help Ethan, Benny and herself train how to kill a vampire. Grace saw the point in it but she didn't understand why the hay bales and scarecrow were necessary. She thought it would just be easier to use the tree that was already in the backyard opposed to lugging a scarecrow into the backyard and using it to train them up.

When it was Grace's turn to shoot the scarecrow with the Nerf gun, she grew nervous. She didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of her friends even though she knew that they wouldn't judge her. So, she took a deep breath and took the Nerf gun from Benny, positioning herself the way she was supposed to in order to shoot at the target.

Grace closed one of her eyes, aiming the Nerf gun at the target and shooting. Her jaw dropped when she noticed the result, as did Benny's and Ethan's. Sarah just sent Grace a proud smile. She had managed to hit the target perfectly after several failed attempts with stakes. A smile grew on the teenagers face before she jumped up and down, excitedly.

"I did it! I did it!" She squealed before rushing over to Benny and flinging her arms around him. The tallest of the group's eyes went wide, surprised at the fact that his crush just engulfed him in a huge hug. Sure, he had hugged Grace before but they were usually side hugs or small hugs. They were never as big as the hug she was giving him at that moment, "I did it! I actually did something right!" She cheered.

Benny smiled before grabbing his own gun and pointing it at the target but sighed, knowing he wasn't doing it right. Of course, he was doing it right. He just wanted to see if Grace would help him, which he knew she would. Grace had a habit of helping anything and anyone. Sarah frowned at Benny, knowing that he was acting. Eventually, a smirk grew on her face when he realised what he was trying to do. Ethan smirked too when he heard Benny ask Grace for help, who agreed.

The brunette girl stood next to Benny, who had faked a really terrible position and aim. She rolled her eyes, grabbing hold of his waist and twisting him so that he was positioned right. She then grabbed hold of the gun with one hand and his arm with another. She stood in front of Benny, so that he was still holding the gun but his arms were around her. She positioned the gun for him and felt her heart beating fast at the fact that Benny was basically hugging her and she had gotten herself into that situation.

"You should be good now," Grace informed Benny, slipping from under his arms. Benny didn't miss the feeling of his heart dropping once she moved away and he hated the feeling, "Okay, now shoot," Grace told him. Benny complied and hit the target, perfectly. Grace, Sarah and Ethan cheered as Benny lowered the gun.

"I did it?" Benny asked, looking over at Grace. She nodded and Benny's face lit up, "I did it!" He cheered before dropping the Nerf gun and running over to Grace hugging her, "Thanks, Gracie!" Benny thanked his crush, who just smiled and shrugged at him, "I think we're all ready and prepared for tonight." Benny told Grace while Ethan and Sarah were talking.

"I guess so," Grace shrugged, feeling nerves building up inside of her, "I don't want anyone to die, Benny. Me, I won't be missed too much. If I die, it's okay, I guess. I'd meet my parents somewhere. But I'm worried about you guys. I don't want you to get hurt and I'm terrified one of you could, potentially, die and-" Benny cut the girl off by bringing his hand up to her cheek, stroking her cheek with his thumb, gently.

"Don't think like that, Grace. We'll be fine. We'll beat the vampires and no one with get hurt too bad. And, you will be missed if you died! You're one of my bestest best friends, Gracie, and I don't want you to get hurt, which is why I'm sticking with you through this whole thing. I promise you, we'll be fine," Benny told her, causing her to smile and let out a sigh.