52. Team Kasai: Release of the 11 tails!

~Ruka's POV~

I slowly forced myself to walk through the forest; tightly clutching my arm which was bleeding heavily. A splitting pain appeared in my side and I winced before leaning against a tree and panting heavily.

Damn it...

How the hell did I get myself stuck in a situation like this? Well, I don't have time to stand around and think about it; I have to find Ryuku and the others. I reluctantly forced myself to stop leaning on the tree and slowly shuffled forward as the pain radiating throughout my body threatened to make me collapse.

"R-Ryuku?!" I called out into the dark forest "Hope?! K-Kuro?!"

Silence answered my calls and I cursed angrily under my breath; there has to be some way to get out of this Jutsu! We can't just be stuck in here forever....I have to save my brother, and my friends! I began walking faster, ignoring the increasing pain in my body, and looked hastily around.

Those damn skeleton wolves put up quite the fight before I finally found out how to kill them. Stabbing them in the eye didn't work, cutting them open didn't work, trying to drown them didn't work! Hell, hopping off their damn heads didn't even work!!

I had to cut off it's tail...IT'S TAIL!!

That's the last thing I would have thought of! I didn't mean to even cut off it's tail the first time; it was an accident. However, once I did it started twitching then it just slowly disintegrated into a pile of dust.

I felt a splitting pain in my side and I winced as I leaned against the nearest tree. I glanced down at Ryuku's weapons belt in my hand and frowned; I hope he's okay.

"Ruka?"

I took out my sword and turned towards the voice only to see Kuro standing there. Relief spread throughout my whole body and I put my sword away as he walked over to me; only then did I realize he was shirtless and his leg had numerous bite marks in it.

"W-Where's your shirt" I asked, blushing slightly.

"It's a long story" he said hesitantly "but where's Ryuku, I thought he was with you?!"

"I thought Hope was with you?!"

"Another long story."

I rolled my eyes and glanced away from Kuro before carefully surveying my surroundings. If this a Jutsu the enemy put up, that must mean they're somewhere in here....but where?!

"I don't know if you heard" Kuro said "but apparently if we die in this Jutsu..."

"...we die in real life" I finished "yeah, I heard."

Kuro nodded gravely; "so what now?"

"Now" I began slowly "we just have to...."

"Escape? That's impossible in a place like this."

Our eyes widened and we both took out our weapons before turning around to see a boy leaning against a tree and staring at me. He had short black hair and black eyes just like Kuro's; he sighed deeply and smirked slightly as he continued to stare at me.

"Seems I underestimated you, Ruka" he said "I thought those wolves would maul you to death....but you held on strong!"

"Who are you?!" I demanded, gripping my sword tighter "how do you know my name?!"

"I know everyone's name" he said simply "I know you, Kuro, Ryuku, and Hope. I did my research....and according to my Genjutsu; Ryuku and Hope are heading in this direction and should be here in about 15 seconds."