vanilla twilight

disclaimer: i do not own the song nor the lyrics of 'Vanilla Twilight', which rightfully belong to Owl City. i also do not own any Haikyuu!! characters; they belong to Furudate Haruichi, the author of the series. i only own my original characters in this story ;^^
-※-

She was slowly losing sight of herself. Being deprived of what normal was to most people had caused it, and she was forced to hide under a mask she knew did not belong to her.

Because apparently, simply being born with a progressive condition was enough to make her the center of everyone's pity and concern and worry. There was nothing she could do to shake that off...

...not alone.

She needed their help. They could give her courage again; they could help her out. Her love for something she had long averted her eyes from was all she needed to escape her parents' hold on her, a captivity she had grown too used to over the years—and they could bring that passion back. With assurance, warmth, brightness, and in fact, even provocativeness—they could make that mask she wore, something that was no longer a fake shell.

And then she could tell the world; show the world, that she was just as capable of doing things that others could. That while she was not completely normal, she was normal enough.

She supposed, one of the normal things about her was her opinion on life—her opinion, that life doesn't wait for anyone. That you get one, and only one life. Only one life to live, and that life is a precious thing that must be loved, appreciated, and treasured.

Because in the blink of an eye, it can all be over.

-※-

"The saddest summary of life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have."
-Louis E. Boone