Chapter 2

When I wake the first thing I feel is the numbness in my shoulder. I open my eyes and see white everywhere. White curtains, white walls, white sheets. It's enough to make a person go blind. I turn and see Sean sleeping with his head on the bed and arms supporting it. "Sean..." I hiss. He shifts but doesn't wake up. I get out of bed as carefully as I can. I don't want to wake him yet. I look around the room and spot my clothes. A camisole top that's a dark brown color, camo pants, and my boots. I go to put them on. When I'm done I go shake Sean awake.

"Hmm? Oh you're awake!" He says, still sluggish from sleep. I nod. "Where are we Sean?" I ask, looking around. He sits up, stretches and yawns, all while I was glaring at him. "we... are at camp Half-Blood, and you", he points at me, "Have been out for two whole days!" He says holding up 3 fingers. "Wow, because you can count" I reply sarcastically. He grins and makes the correction. I smile, then grab my knife and walk outside. As soon as I go out I have to cover my eyes. I had forgotten that sun could be so damn bright. I turn toward the camp Director's house, which also has the oracle in the basement. Sean is behind me, following my quick stride. I slow until he is right beside me and lace my fingers in his. "Hi" I say softly. "Hey" he says and bends and kisses me. I grin, but frown immediately when I see who is watching us. Approach the house. "Hey Balagna" I say scowling.

"It's Bruhoney to you, demigod." He snapped. I crossed my arms. Sorry Bologna" I smirk. He is furious at this point. "I knew everything about you when you first came to camp. Don't mess with me AJ', ever" He growled. "oh yeah?", I teased, "mind telling them to me? I forgot" I grinned, rolling my eyes. Stephen nodded and smirked. "I'll start with your fears" he smirks.

"fear of abandonment, fear of attachment, drug abuse, cutter" Sean starts reciting, "Major family problems, really the list goes on. Do you need to bring it up Brohoney?" Sean retorts. I'm staring at him in shock. "That's Bruhoney Bruh-hone-ee not Bro-hun-ey, Sean" Stephen remarks.

I only shake my head and shove past Stephen, to go inside. I hear Stephen laugh. I walk down the dark hall to the basement door. I hesitate at the door, hand on the knob. "It'll be fine. I will be with you the entire time, I promise" Sean whispers from behind me. I exhale the breath I had been holding in and open the door. A blast of air hits me as I turn on the lights. It smells like earth, like dirt and rotting things. I crinkle my nose and start down the stairs. When I get to the bottom, I see the Oracle. It's an ugly, half-rotted, stuffed wolf. It stinks like death.

I open my mouth but no words come out. Sean squeezes my hand. I look at the oracle thinking how ugly it is.

"What do I need to do?" I ask. A dark purple trail of smoke comes out of the wolf's mouth. "Ah, Ashley, Daughter of Zeus and Athena, I have been waiting for you." The oracle rasped.