Chapter Two: Is that all you got, surfer girl?

     I lay on my board, paddling against the waves and wait for the signal to go. The adjudicators hold up a big green paddle indicating they're ready. I nod and tell myself to focus.

     A big wave comes rushing toward me and I start paddling away from it like crazy, my hands in scoop-form like I was taught. When the water surges underneath me, my muscles take over my nerves. I stand up without hesitation and start to carve my way through the wave to the shore, slicing through the water. I can hear hoots and hollers whip past my ears as I ride the waves and perform some tricks to impress the judges. I was in my happy place.

     As I came into shallow water I hopped off my board and took a small curtesy toward the judges. They smiled appreciatively and I headed back to the line. They mentioned earlier here were going to be a couple of rounds. I crane my neck to see where Alex was and noticed her surrounded by a group of boys. Of course, I think to myself, laughing quietly. She was really pretty, with ombré hair and amazing makeup. Of course, she didn't need the makeup but she liked it. She was hot.

      As I was standing in line, I notice a lot of girls staring in the distance. I squint my eyes hoping to see what it was. All I could see was... some guy walking toward us?

"Hey, what's the big deal with that guy?" I ask the girl next to me, nodding in the direction of the mystery fellow.

Her eyes popped when she replied, "You don't know?! That's Cole! Cole Crison. Isn't he just dreamy?" Dreamy my butt. What is this, Disney?

     As he came closer I notice he doesn't have a shirt on and just has red swim trunks with the word "lifeguard" down the side. He has a smirk on his chiseled face and twinkling hazel eyes. As he passes he line of surfers he looks each of us up and down and winks. As he reaches the girl behind me, she "accidentally" drops her water and drops to pick it up and slides back up against Cole to stand up.

"Oh, hey Cole," she says in a supposedly sexy voice. She bites her lip as he pulls her against him and looks down her bikini top. If you can even call it a top, that is.

"Hey Rosalyn," he replies, his voice all husky. She shivers in pleasure and begins to slowly grind on him to his delight. Literally what the hell? We are in the middle of a surfing competition, not a strip club!

"Excuse me," I snap. "If you're all finished, some of us are trying to compete. And if you aren't finished then go get a room and take your disgusting antics out of the way of the completion. Please and fucking thank you."

     Cole looks up at me in surprise. Guess he's never been called out by a girl. As his eyes zero in on my chest, Rosalyn turns to him, revealing his obvious boner. He walks toward me, eyes a dark brown. Lust? Needs to pee? It's hard to tell.

"And you are...?" he drawls.

"I'm too good for you, that's who. Please excuse you and your little ittle bittle friend," I say, an eyebrow raised.

"Excuse me, but my "friend" happens to be VERY big," he retorts, eyes flaming.

"Oh, I was referring to your side hoe over there, but if we're talking about that then I suppose it's small too. But that's probably because it all went to your ego and personality, huh?" I say back, spitting it out. I was pissed. All I wanted to do was surf. Then this jackass had to come and mess that up.

      He glares at me and opens his mouth to reply when the announcer called my number. His gaze dropped to my thigh, where my number was and travelled back up to my face, his smirk growing.

"I believe that's you, sweetheart," he mentions. I send him one last glare, grab my board, and spin on my heel. I could feel his gaze burning into my back, or rather butt, as I walk toward the ocean. I better put on a show. I have people to impress, and not just the judges.

      When I returned from the ocean again, I got impressed looks from everyone. Everyone that is, except Cole.

     He looks at me, bored, and yawns.

     "Is that all you got, surfer girl?" he asked, looking unimpressed. Unimpressed? I pulled out all my tricks. Unimpressed my butt.

     I scoff and reply with a smirk, "I'd like to see you do better."

     He leans in close, with a smirk, and says, "Gladly. I'll show you up not only on the water, but in bed too." Boys are disgusting pigs. I scoff, raise an eyebrow, grab Alex and walk off.

     "Where are we going?" whines Alex. "Those were hot guys surrounding me in case you couldn't tell!" I roll my eyes.

     "Yes, I know they were, but they were also way below your level. Really, Alex? Fuckboys? You can do SO much better," I say.

     "That's true..." she says. "By the way, I know you have no more surfing tricks and you just said that you did."

    "Shut up," I retort. She raises her eyebrows and smirks at my lame comeback.

*****************************************

     Alex and I were changed for the awards tonight. She was wearing a short black skirt and a maroon tank top with a white knit cardigan. I got stuffed into a skintight red lace dress. (A/N: At top of page)

      "Alex, c'mon," I whine. "Is it really necessary for me to wear all this? I look like a Barbie." I pout and give her my puppy-eyed look to try and convince her to change her mine.

     She looked at my look and rolled her eyes and replied, "Of course it is! And no you don't look like a Barbie, you look hot! Besides barbies are like 5'7" in real life, and you're what? 5'4"?" She chuckles finding it funny. "Besides, what happens if you win the whole thing? You want to look good don't you? Plus hot boys will be there!"

     "Fine. But yes I am 5'4". And it's not IF I win, it's WHEN. And I'm not dressing up for some boy. Just promise to go easy on the makeup?" I plead her. She rolls her eyes and I sigh. It was worth a try.