Epilogue

For the last time, Thank you to everyone who supported this story, from start to finish. I hope it wasn’t a waste of your time and mine. Now that it’s the last time I’ll be able to talk to you in the world of fan fiction, I’m going to leave one word: Enjoy!!

EPILOGUE

3 YEARS LATER

3RD person's POV

On Dr. Carlisle Cullen's mahogany desk, a nervous looking Edward Cullen stood eye to eye with the father of the woman he loves.

"I give you my permission, Edward..son." Carlisle said with a slight nod, and walked over to Edward, clapped him on the back and dropped a small box on his desk.

"Elizabeth Masen left it for you." he announced with a smile, walked out of the room and said "good luck" over his shoulder.

Edward took a deep breathe and heard Alice Cullen's annoying scream inside her head: I told you so! followed by "Ask her tonight"

He scowled, followed Carlisle's suit out, only to be greeted by Esme Cullen on the doorway.

Take care of her, son. She thought to him, and when he nodded, she kissed his cheek and began another train of thought.

I know a place called Isle Esme...

xX

The bride to be, meanwhile, was out hunting with Emmett and Rosalie, when she heard them announce they have to leave soon because they have an "important" thing to do. She told them to go ahead and that she'll stay. She wondered why she heard Emmett laugh like he was in on some joke, and scanned the forest. I feel strange, she thought.

She sighed, brushed off her silliness and ran until she had a sudden inspiration: go to her meadow.

She arrived there, smiled as she always do at the sight in front of her, and sighed dreamily as she recall the 3 years she and Edward had been in on a relationship and how they first met here, and how every single day with him had been heaven.

She gasped and screamed, or tried to when all of a sudden a hand clamped over her mouth.

Then she smelt his scent, and relief coursed through her like acid. It was only him, the love of her life, Edward Cullen, who had his hand clamped over her lips. The feeling of relief was quickly washed away by irritation, and quickly she took his hand away and turned to face him. The dangerous glint of fire in her eyes was heightened when she saw that the corners of his mouth were twisted up.

"It's only me, love." He whispered and brushed the stray hair away from her forehead. The touch sent dazzling electricity against her skin, but the annoyance was still clear in her eyes.

"How the hell do you have the nerve to surprise me, Edward Cullen? me, of all people?!?!" She cried, horrified at his behavior. He didn't seem to hear her. He continued staring at her, and by now the corners of his lips were twisted into the crooked grin she love so much.

It was seconds until he spoke again.

"I'm afraid you're in for another surprise"

"What are you talking ab-" He stopped her words off by putting a finger against her lovely lips and then....

He knelt down in front of her frame, right there in their meadow.

She gasped suddenly at the scene in front of her.

Seconds hammered in Edward's un-beating heart.

"Will you marry me?" She didn't speak for a few seconds, until she regained her composure and her mind. Rejection washed through Edward as he waited for her decision: one to make him the happiest man on the world, or the one to make him a man who wished he was never born.