Demon's Eyes

(Her point of view)

"Why are you here?" I ask, staring up at him in complete panic. His disturbing and satanic glower looms down over me as he burns his eyes into mine. He moves as a spirit, translucent and mysterious. And as he flows forward but a few inches from my figure, I am able to get a glimpse over his towering shoulder.

I am no longer in my chambers safely sleeping with Daegan at my side.....

Where am I?

"Familiar, is it not?"  His seething tone sends for me to wince from the bite in its horrific vibrations.

"Come now, my Dear. You remember this room. You should be able to recall it all too well."

I hesitantly allow for my eyes to scan my surroundings. And immediately, my stomach drops.

The west wing tower.....

I am in the west wing tower....in the very same room where he held me prisoner for those three hellacious years....

Oh my gods....What am I doing here?!

"So many fond memories in this lovely place, eh?" He snickers before moving his hating eyes about the small chamber. It is cold and damp, completely terrifying in its chilling and ruthless appearance. I can already feel the terrible flashbacks of what occurred in this place attempting to flood my thoughts. No......I cannot allow them to resurface. It will only weaken my spirit, and I need all of myself right now if I am to face him again.....

"What do you do want?!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I go to straighten my shoulders, balling my fists at my sides. His glowing black eyes are filled with execration as they narrow in utter distaste.

"ANSWER ME!"

At first he does not respond. But then, he suddenly rears his head back and lets out a ferocious and terrifying howl of laughter. It instantly pierces the deepest corners of my soul, sending for my entire being to tremble from ungodly fear. I fight so very hard to not allow my fazed state to be visible to him, but it is not that easy. I have always been afraid of him, and I know that some part of me always will be. No matter how long it has been....my fear of him will never completely dissipate.

He continues to gnarl in his deterring stare for a moment longer. Then as he brings his face back down to meet with my own, I see that his sinister smile is turned up to free the aged lines upon his ghostly face.

"You know why I have come, my darling Queen..."

I shake my head, attempting to shake the petrified waves from off of my quaking shoulders.

"I can assure you that I have no idea what you mean, Sethos." He scoffs at my response before taking a step closer to me.

"I think that you honestly do. You are an all-knowing half angel from Valhalla. I know that if you truly allowed yourself, you would figure it out rather easily." I feel my brow furrowing as I study his unnerving response.

"You are a traitor, Christine." My eyes widen as I jerk them back towards his face.

"WHAT?!" I hiss out between my clenched teeth.

"You are a mutinous traitor. You betrayed your King for another man. And here I thought that you were a decent being. But you have always had a keen eye for spotting the darker sides in people. I should know." He winks at me as he says this. It immediately sends for nausea to flood the deepest pits of my knotted stomach.