sei

"Violet? It's me, I have been worried sick about you, where are you? Call me when you get this."

That was probably the thousandth voicemail that Robert had left for Violet till now.

"Still not replying?" A deep voice murmured beside him. Robert turned his head to look at his old best friend.

He changed a lot. At least in the way he looks. Robert thought as he stared, he had learned to stare and notice the smallest things from dear Violet.

Said old best friend furrowed his eyebrows causing Robert to shake himself out of it. "Uh, no, she isn't."

Keaton nodded. "She probably doesn't want to see me." He remarked with a grin.

"If you guys fight again like last time, I will kill both of you."

"She's still annoying?" Keaton asked as he bit into a slice of pizza, his eyes scanning the school's cafeteria where they sat.

"You still like her?" Robert answered with a question, a smug smile on his face.

"Pfft. I never liked her."

"Oh, drop the f-ucking act."

Keaton sighed. "How many times do I have to explain this to you? I like her as in 'whoa, she's hot.' Not romantically, or in any other kind of way. She really does annoy me."

"Whatever, you-" He was cut off by the ringing of his phone. It was Violet.

He immediately pressed answer, speaking before she could say anything.

"Violet! Oh, for the love of God, are you alright? Why didn't you answer me? You left my place when the sun was still rising, did something happen?"

Keaton could hear her loud voice as she replied, he rolled his eyes.

"Chill, Robbie. I left because I remembered I had something important to do at home. That's all, I'm good, nothing ever happens to me."

Keaton rolled his eyes again. God, she's dumb, he thought.

Robert glared at him before speaking. "Well, why aren't you here? You know, school?"

"Oh, I kind of fell asleep again when I got back home and I just woke up, that's why I didn't answer you, by the way."

He could imagine her grinning sheepishly and a soft smile played on his lips.

"Alright, oh, oh, by the way, Keaton is here." Robert grinned at his best friend who smirked back in return.

"Ugh, well, thank Goodness, I didn't come to school today."

"F-uck you too!" Keaton yelled loudly, causing a few heads to turn and stare at him.

Violet replied back just as loud with a string of curse words that Roberts cringed at. "Uh, alright, Violet, that's enough, I'll hang up on you now, bye."

-

Keaton and Robert sat in the small café where he and Violet always hung out, waiting for her.

"She never shows up on time." Robert explained when his best friend sighed for the millionth time.

"More reasons to hate her, great." Keaton's dark eyes scanned the whole café. "This place is nice," he paused. "But remind me again, why am I here?"

"Because you're only here for three weeks and this is us hanging out."

"Why can't we hang out alone without Violet?" Keaton narrowed his eyes.

"Come on man, we hung out all week without her. I haven't seen her in a week." Robert exclaimed.