14. Mistletoe Aftermath

Snart looked over at the shriveled plant at his bedside. According to Professor Stein, it was a parasite and could only live with a host, which it was plucked from when sold.

"Good morning." Snart said quietly to the plant.

"Morning to you too." The figure next to him replied. She flicked her golden hair out of her face and looked up to him with her clear eyes. "Sleep well?"

He nodded as she snuggled into him. He wrapped his arms around her and they lay there, peacefully. Snart planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Get up, lovebirds." A gruff made them turn back to see Mick back from the shower. All he was wearing was two towels, one around his neck and the other hiding his privates.

"Put some clothes on, Mick." Snart grumbled as he hugged Sara closer. Mick snorted and walked away to find his underwear. "Why didn't we go to your room last night?"

"Because we fought last night." Sara said, her finger following the scars on his chest. "And you left for your room and I snuck in later when you were asleep."

"Last night." Bad memories washed up as he remembered. He had tried to break up with her again, and she had insisted that she loved him. She had called him a hero, and he had left as quickly as he could. He felt like a coward.

"You keep saying you're not good for me," she said, "but I don't think so. You balance me out, and make me feel whole again."
"But-"

"I love you. And whatever you say isn't going to change that."
Snart lay quietly next to her. "I love you too." He mumbled out.

"What was that? I couldn't hear it." Sara teased, looking up.

"I love you too." He raised his voice a little. She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Good. Now, no more 'not good for me' talk. Understood?" She kissed the tip of his nose. "I've dated far more deadlier than you."

"Were they as charming?" He smirked.

"No, nor were they gentlemen like you."

"They were gentlewomen."

Tomorrow, the end and some extra story I didn't know where to put in.

We're almost at the end of Season 1.