Story

Tails and Cream where laying in bed, each one coughing every once in a while, Vanilla walked in, smiling "hey guys, Your Uncle is coming over to see you two." Cream smiled widely "yay" she coughed again. Tails sunk in his bed "he always pinches my cheeks" he grumbled as the door opened.

A Silver hedgehog walked in, grinning and followed by a purple cat. "How's the sickies?" Silver smiled, walking over and pinching Tails's cheeks, who gave Vanilla a look, pulling his face away. Silver chuckled "I got something for y'all."

Cream looked at him "really? What is it?" Tails glanced at him "is it a new video game, or a machine I can work with?" His eyes gleamed with excitement. Silver shaked his head "Nope, I have this book" he pulled out a old book from behind his back "ta da."

Tails growled "a book? What's so special about that?"

"That's right, when I was your age, television was called books, and this is a special book...it was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm going to read it to you."

Tails signed "does it have any machines in it?"

Silver sat down "are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, Giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles."

Cream smiled "that sounds nice."

"It's okay, I'll try to stay awake" Tails mumbled, sinking in his bed.

Silver nodded "well, thank you very much. That's very nice of you." He opened the book, turning to the fist page, "all right, The Princess Bride, by S. Morgenstern, chapter one."

~~~~

Amy was raised on a small farm in the country of florin. Her favorite pastimes were riding her horse and tormenting the farm boy that worked there. His name was Sonic, but she never called him that.

"Isn't that a wonderful beginning?"

"Yeah it's really good" Tails said sarcastically

Nothing gave Amy as much pleasure as ordering Sonic around

Amy walked over after coming back from a ride on her house and walked over, her quills moving side to side as she walked "Farm boy, polish my horses's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning."

Sonic stood up, his face and quills a mess from working hard "as you wish" he smiled faintly, she nodded and walked off, her long quills moving side to side as she skipped off.

'As you wish' was all he ever said to her

Sonic was cutting wood when Amy walked over with two buckets in her hands. "Farm boy, fill these with water." He stood up, looking at her, his quills falling on his face slightly. She looked back at him, eyes locking with each other "please" she whispered. "As you wish" he smiled. She stared at him for a while before walking off, glancing back at him slightly.

That day she was amazed to discover that when he was saying 'as you wish,' what he meant was, 'I love you.'

Amy was cooking when Sonic walked in, she glanced at him quietly.

And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.

"Farm boy" she called before he left, glancing around and looking at a pitcher above her "fetch me that pitcher." He paused at the door and looked back at her, slowly walked back and stopping in front of her, Emerald eyes never leaving her jade eyes. He reached up and grabbed the pitcher, handing it to her "as you wish" he whispered softly, making Amy smile.

The two stood close to each other, the sun setting in the background, they leaned in till there lips touched, kissing each other.

~~~

"Hold it! Hold it!" Tails yelled, causing Silver to stop and glanced at him.

"What is this? Are you trying to trick me? And where's the machines?" Tails made a face "is this a kissing book?"

Silver smiled "wait, just wait"

Tails spoke up again "well, when does it get good?"

"Keep your shirt on and let me read" Silver continued, Cream smiling widely, listening.

~~~~~~~

Sonic had no money for marriage, so he packed his few belongings and left the farm, to seek his fortune across the sea. It was a very emotional time for Amy."

"I don't believe this!" Tails whined

Amy and Sonic hugged, Amy resting her head on his shoulder "I fear I'll never see you again" he smiled, talking softly "of course you will."

Her eyes watered "what if something happens to you?"

He let go of her and looked her in the eyes "hear this now, I will always come for you."

"But how can you be sure?"

"This is true love, do you think this happens every day?" He smiled, Amy smiled back and the two kissed once more before hugging again.

Sonic didn't reach his destination, his ship was attacked by the dread pirate Espio, who never left captives alive. When Amy got the news that Sonic was murdered-

"Murdered by pirates is good!"

-she went to her room and shut the door, and for days she neither slept nor ate.

Amy sat alone in her room, staring at the wall "I will never love again."

5 years later, the main square of florin city was filled as never before to hear the announcement of the great Prince Scourge's bride-to-be.

Trumpets where heard as Scourge walked out on the top of the castle, smirking slightly as he walked forward "'my people, a month from now, our country will have its 500th anniversary. On that sundown I shall marry a lady who was once a commoner like yourselves, but perhaps you will not find her common now. Would you like to meet her?"

The crowd of people cheered "yes!" "Yes!"

Scourge smirked "my people, the princess Amy!"

The trumpets sounded again and Amy walked in, a red carpet in the middle of the crowd of people who kneeled down. She had a straight face on, glancing up at the smirking prince.

Amy's emptiness consumed her. Although the law of the land gave Scourge the right to choose his bride, she did not love him.

Amy rode her horse away from the castle.

Despite Scourge's reassurance that she would grow to love him, the only joy she found was in her daily ride.

Amy rode in the forest, far away from the castle. She stopped as she spotted a guy with a mustache, along with a striped black hedgehog and a red echidna.

The one with the mustache spoke up "a word, my lady? We are but poor lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?"

Amy looked at them, tilting her head to a side "there is nothing nearby, not for miles."

Eggman smirked as Knuckles walked up to her "then there will be no one to hear you scream." Her eyes widened as Knuckled walked up and pressed behind her neck, making her pass out.