1. A Possible Solution

A\N: I know this has been done to death, but I wanted to give it a shot. This book takes place five months after the Blood of Olympus. This is an alternate ending to Trials of Apollo, as the Hidden Oracle has shown camp to be much different than it is in this. In this story, Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter are not united, like in some fanfictions but not enemies.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione have gone back to complete their last year at Hogwarts. In this story, Snape is alive, but Dumbledore is dead.

This is the only book that I still plan to update on the account. If you want to read my more current works, please go follow TheGothKids.

PERCY

For the past couple of months, Percy Jackson had been both happy and sad, at the same time. It was an odd mix, always feeling two things that were the complete opposite.

Percy was happy to finally be left alone. After the Giant War, the fates had given him a bit of a break. No life changing wars. No huge and extremely dangerous journeys across the ocean or the country.

The fates hadn't been so kind to the camp.

It seemed to have happened so quickly. Overnight. The fleece's magic had drastically deteriorated, resulting in an extremely weak border that could only protect the camp from baby monsters. Consequently, there had been many attacks and demigod deaths. Border patrol was failing. Demigods were starting to be sent home due to it being safer for them there.

Chiron had suddenly taken ill. He spent most of his time in the big house, hacking and coughing. Though he was very sick, he wasn't resting. Instead, he had been replacing his nap time trying to find a solution to what was happening. Because of this, Mr. D. began running everything to do with the camp. Activities. Classes. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

It was all completely run by Mr. D. Percy had expected some new guy to come in and 'help' him, like Tantalus had. They hadn't, which Percy supposed wasn't bad.

They were also low on satyrs. Many had gone on missions months before, and had not returned. Luckily, Grover find not fall under this category.

And guess what! The gods don't care about this, either! Not that Percy had expected them to, but he had kind of been hoping they would do something about what was happening. Percy hadn't spoken to his father in months. Again, not that he had expected anything different.

It was almost like camp had been cursed.

Percy was beginning to think that it probably had.

*********

Percy and Annabeth were laying next to the canoe lake, the tips of their toes colliding with the warm water. Percy was enjoying the silence. It was calming.

"It could be worse," Annabeth spoke up suddenly.

"Yeah? How?"

"There could be no camp at all."

Percy sighed at this. Of course she was right. It could be a lot worse. Something similar had happened when they were thirteen. And they had made it through that. But then again, back then the fleece had been perfectly capable.

"I know you're right, Annabeth..."

"But?"

Percy briefly contemplated what to say.

"But this is supposed to be my favorite place on earth. My home. It's like a completely different place now."

Annabeth opened her mouth to reply, only to be cut off by a voice behind her.

"There's a meeting at the big house. Chiron wants you there."

They turned to see Nico and Will staring down at them, both with equally serious expressions on their faces.

********

Percy, Annabeth, Nico, and Will took a seat at the ping pong table, along with Piper, Leo, Jason, Clarisse, Hazel, Frank, the Stolls, and Katie and Miranda.

After a short coughing fit, Chiron began talking.

"I know you're all about to leave camp, and I know you all know what a horrible state its in."

The demigods nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"As you also all know, I have been trying to find a solution to these resent issues. Well, I believe I have."

Hushed whispers broke out across the table, along with some excited shouts.

"Quiet. As I was saying, I believe I have figured something out. Many, many years ago, I recall hearing a prophecy. About a group of heroes different than demigods having an answer."

After a moment of silence, Chiron continued.

"Much like dreams for demigods, this answer just came to me. I still can't figure out how it did, as prophecy is not available. And I remembered an old friend. He was very different than anyone I have ever known. He was the head of a school."

Percy was now horribly confused. What was he getting at?

"After thinking about the prophecy, my old friend, the school, and this other group, I thought of something else. I will not bore you with my logic, that is not necessary, I will just tell you this. There is something at the school that can save us. People that can save us, too."

"So?" Annabeth began. "You want us to find this 'something' and these people."

"Well... I think it is needed, yes. The prophecy spoke of a curse. I don't know how important it will be in the immediate future, but this may be a solution."

"What kind of school is this? You said a different 'group'," Annabeth went on. "What did you mean?"Percy asked.

"It's a school for wizards and witches. That's what I meant."

It took a minute for that to sink in. Percy had never done well at any school, let alone one for wizards.

"You will all go as normal students. I want this to be completed quickly, by the end of the school year, which is why I want so many of you to go. So, one last quest before you leave camp. Find the right people, and find the object."

"When do we leave?"

Chiron coughed. "As soon as possible."