3. Diagon Alley

HARRY

Harry was currently in Diagon Alley with Ron and Hermione, getting his supplies for the upcoming seventh year at Hogwarts.

"It's going to be odd, isn't it?" Ron said as he picked up a seventh year Transfiguration text book.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"I mean going to class with people who shouldn't even be in our year," Ron answered. "And Ginny. It just isn't right."

"I admit, it is going to take some getting used to," Hermione said, holding a bag full of book, some of which weren't even needed for school. "But you know we have to go to back to school."

"I know it would be best to go back to school. I never thought we had to," Ron said.

"It should be interesting. Didn't you hear about the foreign students?" Hermione asked.

Harry and Ron just stared at her. When she realized they had no clue what she was talking about, she sighed.

"There are 14 American students coming, all in our year."

"And you're excited about this?" Ron asked.

Hermione just shot him a dirty look.

Harry didn't know what to think about the situation. He sort of hoped the Americans would just mind their own business at Hogwarts, but he also thought it would be cool to meet them.

"I have all my stuff," Harry said. "Let's go."

CONNOR

Connor was loving Diagon Alley. There were so many shops with stuff he had never seen before, and he thought it was great.

"Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?" Travis suddenly said. "Now that looks cool."

Connor turned to see an awesome looking joke shop, with signs demonstrating awesome pranks and disastrous products.

"Dude, yes!" Connor yelled, heading in the direction of the shop, but was held back by Katie was glaring at both of them.

"You know what?" Travis said. "Never mind."

"Good," Katie's said. "Chiron said we had to come here for school supplies, you remember the Iris Message. Not some stupid joke shop. Chiron only made sure we have enough wizard money for our school stuff."

Connor sighed. Katie's had been particularly on their case all day. Probably from the long plane ride.

"It's okay, bro," he whispered to his brother. "We'll find a way to get there later."

Travis nodded as they walked into a crowded book store called Flourish and Blotts.

The only person who looked excited about this was Annabeth, who immediately ran to a shelf full of books.

Connor just followed everyone else into the shop, looking around at what they had. Some of the most interesting things, however, weren't the books or items, but the people who were in the store. They some where dressed in the strangest clothes Connor had ever seen. Some women wore weird hat and elegant gowns, while quite a few men walked around in cloaks. Connor suddenly felt like they didn't belong, what they had on was so different.

But the most strange thing in the shop was a man with dark hair and a pale face, who appeared to be staring each one of the demigods down. When he got to the Stolls, he glared daggers at both of them for what felt like an eternity, but was probably only about ten seconds. The man was suddenly joined by another, who was taller with blonde hair. He briefly looked at the demigods, before turning to the first man and pulling him away, appearing to be scolding them.

Connor shared a look with Travis, who looked confused. All the other demigods were just going about there business, looking for the books on their list. It seemed like they were the only ones who had noticed the strange men.

"That was... interesting..." Travis managed.

"No," Connor replied. "Not interesting. Just creepy."

LEO

Of all the demigods, Leo was the last one to get his wand. Apparently, you had to use a little stick in order to use magic. At first, Leo had been confused as to how they would be able to use magic, but it had all been "cleared up" when Chiron said some really confusing stuff about how Hecate was allowing them to use magic, even though the kind of magic they would be using was slightly different than her specialty.

Percy and Annabeth had been the first to get wand, and had left Olivander's to go to some other shop, just by themselves.

It had taken Leo four attempts to find the wand that was right for him. According to Mr. Olivander, the wand chooses the wizard, and he was finally chosen by an 11 inch oak wand with a unicorn hair core. Whatever that meant.

After Leo got his wand, he walked out of the shop, where all the other demigods were waiting for him. Connor was holding a white owl, which Travis was lightly petting on its head.

Poor thing. Leo thought. That owl's probably doomed.

"Her name is Trixie!" Travis yelled. "Isn't she cute?"

Percy and Jason were each walking around with broomsticks, but Leo didn't know why. How had they gotten extra stuff when they didn't even have that much money?

Leo shrugged it off. Maybe he'd get a toad or something. He knew the important thing was that he had all his school stuff, but he kind of did want some thing cool from Diagon Alley. He sighed, wishing he could just stay I this awesome place forever. But he knew he couldn't. Tomorrow, he and the others were beginning their year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.