A promise without a future

Notes:

In this one-shoot Izana is 17 years old while (y/n) is 8-9 years old.

Arthur is just a character I add as your counselor so if you didn't like him, you could change his name and read the story with another name in his place. (y/n) couldn't pronounce his name very well so she calls him Asa. (His appearance will be at the end of the chapter:3)

I never thought a name for the kingdom Izana visited following (y/n) so I'll leave it like (city), so that you can choose a name for it.

~Izana POV~

Since always, I never cared about my surroundings or the feeling about the people surrounding me. If I can accomplish my goals, even if they hate me I didn't care at all. Sometimes I got to hear that if I keep acting like this, nobody will really fall in love with me; that they will only be interested in the fact that I'm the first prince of Clarines, but that isn't important to me too.

I always have been like that, even with my little brother, I treat him like every else. Then... When did I start to care about my surroundings now?

Some weeks ago, a strange little girl with (h/c) hair appeared at the palace. I'm not the type of person who care about something like this, probably she is the child of one of the servants because none of the guards do or say something to her; or that's what I though until two days ago when I decided to follow her and see where she goes every day. Big was my surprise when I find out that she was entering to my mother's room.

That night, I asked my mother about that girl what always come to visit her but she negated that saying that I need to forget about that and stop following her, that she is only something my mind created for the lack of rest.

Why is she avoiding that? That afternoon I clearly heard how she was talking with the little girl and even called her with her name. Then why is my mother saying that this girl I talking about, it's only a mirage created by my mind?

Today (y/n) was leaving more early than she usually does, so I decide to follow her and discover where she came from despite what my mother said about ignoring the girl. She entered the forest close to the castle until she finally reached a strange lake with a strange arch in the middle of it and some rocks forming a way to it.

I just stared at her until she finally entered the arch and disappear to continue following her before that arch completely disappears...

~time skip~

When I opened my eyes I found myself in a strange place a bit close to the Arch what take me here. I stand up to see my surrounding only to find out what type of place I'm at: an entire floating kingdom in the middle of the sky.

At that moment I just cannot believe what my eyes were seeing. Is this place the rumored Kingdom of (city)? I had read something about (city) but I never thought it would be real.

Trying to leave my surprise aside, I started to go deep in to the city in search of the little girl but the people in the city started to run in panic drawing the attention of the guards. Their reaction surprised me at first but then I remember the fact that this kingdom has been apart for the rest of the world for centuries so a 'foreigner' would be a something to fear.

Even if I tried to explain my reasons to the guards they keep saying that they need to take me with the Empress so that she could announce my punishment for enter to (city) without an invitation. Maybe kingdom is a wrong way to call (city), the right way must be Empire cause their ruler is and Empress and not a Queen, and their territory is even more big than Clarines kingdom.

Once arriving at the castle, they took me to the throne room and without hesitation they entered at the room to make the announcement.

—Your highness— they called out finally releasing me as they bowed at her — we found this foreigner wandering around the city. What are your orders?—I lifted my head to see how will be we this kingdom empress but it looks like the surprises hasn't ended yet. There in the throne, the girl I followed her was sitting on a man with red hair and red eyes. While she keeps reading a scroll, that man with her is the one who spoke.