une.

"Beep, beep!" My alarm rang, interrupting the dream I was having. 

"Argh!" I screamed, "I hate school!!" It was the first day of senior year and I was beyond excited. Not.

I crawled out of my silk sheets in a rather unladylike manner, and slowly walked over to my marble bathroom. I took a beautiful steamy shower, brushed my teeth with my favourite mint toothpaste,and then slowly applied my MaxFactor 2.0 mascara.

I stood back, surveying my handy work. A tallish girl blinked back at me. Golden blonde hair curled down to her waist, thick, long lashes framed her sparkling green eyes, a smattering of freckles danced across her cheeks and her full lips fell into a pout. I was so ugly. No wonder I had never had sex, or my first kiss let alone a boyfriend! I shuddered to think what my father would say...

I threw on a pair of Levi jeans, a TopShop grey jumper and my favourite pair of converse.

I ran downstairs to grab some breakfast without realising my father was already in the kitchen. 

"Get out of here you ungrateful bitch, how dare you look like your mother! I regret the day you were born and you ruined my life. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

Even though his speech was slurred and his breath stank, my eyes were still pricked with tears. I tried my hardest to please him, but of course I was never good enough. I took an apple and ran to school since I was late.

----------------

I burst through the school doors and ran down the corridor to English, I did not want to be late on the first day and embarrass myself.

As I ran, I checked my watch and groaned. But the groan was cut off with an, "OOF!" and a thud to the floor.

But there was no thud, a strong arm wrapped around my waist and prevented any chance of concussion. I opened my eyes and realised that the wall I had thought I had run into was actually a wall of muscle, crap.

I noticed this wall of muscle was covered in a tight black t-shirt and didn't do much to hide the obviously tanned toned skin underneath. I raised my gaze, taking in a strong jawline, straight nose and eyes that were a beautiful swirl of blue and green.

I let out a shaky breath, realising that I needed oxygen for what I wanted to say. But he got there first, "are you done checking me out? 'Cause I got places I wanna be.."

God! Could I be any less obvious? I was so embarrassed.. 

"S-s-sorry, u-um, thanks, for, um, you know, saving me, and, um, everything. Yeah, um, thanks."

Wow, I didn't know someone could say um so many times in the space of one breath. His mouth quirked up into a smirk,

"Um, I think that's um, okay."

Too late, I realised he was making fun of me. My cheeks burst into flame. I closed my eyes,

"look, you don't have to be rude but yo-" I opened my eyes to realise that he was gone, vanished, poof.

I swore under my breath, now I was going to be even more late, without knowing who my mystery hero was.

As I started walking down the corridor, all the small details I had overlooked due to adrenaline and nerves came rushing back. The tingles that rushed through my whole body, the fire that reached out from his arm, his warm breath on my face and his voice.

Oh god, his voice. It was deep, rough and sexy. In short, he was everything I'd ever dreamed of and I wondered who he could possibly be.

While I wandered back to class, I remembered the scratches on his arms and the bruises on his knuckles. Uh, oh, don't tell me I've gone and picked up a stupid gang fighter.

They were so reckless, but at the same time, so attractive. I groaned, I didn't want to think about it, that would have to wait for break with my bestie, Zoe.

For the moment, I had to brave the embarrassment coming 15 minutes late to class would entail. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad considering it was the first day of term.

I slipped into a seat in the back beside Zoe and began to feverishly whisper all the events that happened in the hallway. As I got further and further into my story, Zoe's eyes began to grow until she burst out with,

"LIV, LIV YOU STUPID IDIOT DON'T YOU REALISE WHO THAT WAS?! THAT WAS LOGAN HOWELL, THE GUY WHO HAS A MOTORBIKE AND IS THE CHAMPION OF EVERY BOXING TOURNAMENT EVER!! HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS?!" Even though all of this was whispered, the admiration in her eyes for bagging such a cute guy on the first day of school was obvious.

"Duh Zoe, we aren't a 'thing'. I think he hates me. Plus what is there to like about me? My boobs aren't even that big." Zoe's reply was cut off by the bell and everybody filed out into the hallways where we all saw something nobody would be forgetting very quickly.

Brad Johnson. the football captain was taunting Logan, the guy who just saved me. He was so close to Logan's face, his varsity jacket in perfect condition.

"You think you're so fucking top don't ya big boy, winning all those fights, why don't you do something for your fucking school once in a while. Do ya think you're better than all of us or something? Your a big flog mate, you're a fucking pussy, you can't even kick a ball."

Throughout the whole speech every kid in the school had formed a circle and were staring at Brad in wonder for standing up to the kid who could apparently give a 32 year-old a coma.

But I was staring at Logan, at his perfect muscles, at his ruffled dark blonde hair and his tight jaw. He looked like a tiger ready to pounce.

After Brad finished his speech he poked Logan in the chest and looked pretty proud of himself. Pretty proud before Logan's fist flashed out and his knee went up and in 4 seconds flat Brad was on the ground.

To add insult to injury Logan kicked his face, so blood spurted from his nose and covered the trainers of the freshmen. Then he calmly walked out. The crowd parted in front of him like a wave and everybody shrank back. Everybody except me. 

As he passed by me, I locked eyes with him and it set me on fire. I felt like I was seeing into his soul, except that there was nothing there, he was blocking me out.

He passed so close to me, I felt his breath in my golden hair and I turned to watch him go. Everyone turned. The last image we all had was of a silhouette against the school car park before the doors slammed shut and the unmistakable roar of a motorbike taking off filled our ears. 

 Remember to vote! Thanks x S & D

#stopsummersberry