CLIMAX-Chapter 9

I was working out at the gym alone. I needed to think. I had to get my thoughts together. I have to come up with a plan for Ariel and me to get away, to disappear for good. I already put in a letter of resignation at my job. I shocked everyone, including my boss.

I worked hard on my career and was finally at the break of advancement. I was even offered an early promotion to counter me leaving. I had to decline, my family comes first. Right now the only thing that matters is the safety of Ariel and my unborn child.

Just the thought of being with Ariel has placed a smile on my face. It made all the uncertainties worth wild. I felt blessed that I can have something that was a part of her, a part of us.

They say love can make you do some crazy things. I was about to do that and more. I finish up my workout and decided to head over to Patrick's house. I needed to talk to him. When I got there, he was out front talking to Raheem and Kelly.

"Look who it is", Raheem said as I walked up to them.

"Nice of you to send out the memo that you were hitting the gym", Patrick said.

"I needed some alone time, I had to figure some things out", I replied.

"I hope you thought of some logic shit and came to your senses", Kelly said.

"Look I love you guys but I gotta' do what works for me. I will have my family."

"If you want a kid so bad take your choice. There are plenty of girls around here who would love to get knocked up by you", Kelly said frustrated.

"I don't want to just knock up any girl. I love Ariel and she loves me, that's all that matters", I said.

"I'm not gonna just stand here and watch you throw your life away. I'm out", Kelly said walking to his car.

"I'll catch up with you guys later, that's my ride", Raheem said following Kelly.

"Look don't stress it he's just a little upset", Patrick started. "You guys have been friends for too long to just stop now. He just want you to be ok, we all do."

"I get it, but it's my life, I just wish you would all support me."

"Fine, I'm here if you need me."

"I'm glad you said that because I do need a favor", I said looking at him.

"Anything."

"I need you to watch over my house and some of my personal things. I'm only taking a few things with me. What I can't take now, I'll get later."

"Dustin what the fuck? First you leave work now you're leaving Atlanta...where the hell are you going?"

"I'm not sure yet, but we can't stay here. Can I count on you or not?"

Patrick was upset. I actually expected him to hit me. He just shook his head and sighed.

"Fine...I'll do it."

"Thanks man, I love you."

"I love you too."

"I gotta' go, I need to go and see Bryan about something."

"You're gonna go and see Bryan?"

Patrick had this confused look on his face.

"I need a favor, and he's the one that can do it."

"Bryan? Come on D are you thinking? Dude is dangerous."

I walk over to my car and open up the door and see Patrick standing by my passenger door.