The truth about Cinderella

I was running in the woods, being chased by the police. It was midnight and I was missing a shoe. Where's my shoe? This is hopeless! I should have never done this in the first place.

I quickly sped up and hid behind a tree, as the clueless policeman ran past me and kept going. Those fools.

I met him, the prince and he was really sweet and handsome. I grabbed the sacred crown out of my bag. I've finally got it, stepmom would be so proud. After all....she is the one, who wanted me to steal it in the first place. I k ow what you're thinking...and to answer your question, Im a theft. Its not a choice, it was a decision made by my snotty, wretched step-mom.

I remembered when stepmother first gave me this mission and taught me everything I should do. And I remembered it as much as I remembered training those Mouses in my basement.

But I still remembered the smile he gave me, the way we swayed and the way the king looked pleased:

3 hours earlier

"Cinderella you will do this for me,and I will let you see your father,...even though he's basically rotting in the cellar downstairs." Stepmom said and I nodded. I really missed my father, but she locked him up...after they got married. She only wanted the money, and now she forces me to basically be a maid.

"Only if Im pleased." She quickly added.

"I need you, Cinderella, to go to the kings ball and steal the sacred crown and bring it back at midnight no later." She continued. I frowned....midnight? That's too soon. Oh I wish I could say that out loud, in front of her face.

"But I possess no fancy clothing, how would this work?" I asked. Looking down at my dress mad of rags. That's all I have, rag made clothing. I can't go to a ball....with a rag dress!

Stepmom was thinking and she smiled, her evil grin, "Then we would summon your fairy godmother." Fairy Godmother......aren't they....not real? Okay, I'll go along with is act with stepmother. So, sure there's a fairy godmother.....and my sisters the Easter bunny.

"But ho-" She cut me off by, clapping her hands, three times and then, there was smoke. So much of it, that i started coughing. This fairy with a long blue gown, appeared and smiled at me.

"Ah....I heard you need some clothing eh..." She said, and I couldn't speak....I was lost for words. And, my mouth was so wide....it was touching the ground. She smirked at me.....some fairy.

2 hours later:

I was walking towards the palace, walking past guards standing still. I was wearing a black cloak, covering my gown. I was wearing glass slippers, that I know for a face, will make my feet ache later on in the day.

It took at least an hour to get here, at first I had to walk past the field of pumpkins, then this farm that sold white horses.

I walked to the door, and breathed in and out and lightly pushed the door open, and the sound of violins filled the air. It was break taking, as I took in the art that filled the kingdom. Everyone was wearing gowns, and all the guys were wearing...suits!

I walked towards the dance floor and handed my coat to the man taking coats. His eyes grew wide.....as, he took in my dress. First time, I had an encounter with a guy...and, first time I made a guy look...nervous? Wow, Im just wearing a long blue backless gown. That had white sparkles.

All eyes were on me, I was basically the center of attention, with my blonde hair, up in a tight bun. I've never been stared at.....it's not that bad.

I sat down on the side, ignoring the stares and, looked around for the crown. Bingo! I spotted it at the side, in a glass case, where two guards were guarding it. I snapped my finger in frustration,

I should've known. "May I have this dance?" A deep voice asked me,that caused my heart to do flips. I looked up to see the prince smiling down on me, with his dark brown hair, that was combed, and twinkling green eyes.

He held out his hand and I placed my hand inside his soft ones. He leaned down, and kissed my hand. We walked together towards the middle of the room hand in hand as the violins played a waltzing song. People stared and it slightly freaked me out, but I fried my best to ignore it.

I looked in his eyes as we moved around dancing in harmony. He smiled showing his perfect white teeth and a perfect dimple, on his left cheek. I couldn't help it so I smiled.

Girls stared at me with envy, and the king and queen were smiling at me sitting up in their seats, when ten minutes ago they looked bored. I guess they acquired an interest in me.

Random people joined in on the fun as we danced around the white room, with it's marble covered floors.

When the music stopped the prince smiled a sad smile, "I wish the music didn't stop, I liked dancing with someone so beautiful." He said while looking into my eyes. I tried to bite my cheek to stop it...but I couldn't,

I blushed and replied, "same here." When my eyes caught sight of the time five minutes 'til midnight. Sweat formed on my forehead. I smiled nervously at the Prince. I was getting extremely nervous what to do?...what to do?

"Ummm...could you get me some punch?" I asked sweetly. He nodded and walked away and my heartbeat slowed down...I didn't know it needed slowing down. When he let go of my hand, it immediately felt cold. I didn't have time to think...I have to do this, so I can see my dad.

I walked over towards the guards, but quickly stopped and pretended as though I was running. I started gasping and jogging in place until I felt sweat on my forehead and ran to them. "Guards! Guards -I was pretending to breath hard-These hooligans ran off with my purse their somewhere outside please help." I asked as I made my voice shake, and sound frightened. Inside, I was laughing my butt off...guards are such fools.

They stared at me suspicious, then ran off leaving the crown alone. I smiled as they ran out the door......such fools. The king, obviously needs to hire new security....better security. But, I need to think about that....never again, and right now, I have to get this crown.

I took out my bag, that I hid inside my dress and opened the class case, and placed the crown in the

bag. "HA! Stop her she's stealing the crown!" A random man yelled. I sighed, as I ran out like there were no tomorrow. I was so close.....so close to doing this without any disturbance. I grabbed my cloak, on the way out and slipped it on, hiding my appearance.

As I was running downstairs my right foot glass slipper came off. As I was about to turn around and get it the clock stuck midnight.....and guards were coming right at me. I had NO other choice, other than to run.

I turned back around and ran towards home....and that's where the story begins.

Present time:

I was catching my breathe and I stood up and ran towards home.