Epilogue

Two Years Later

--

The sun shines bright through your windows, you look around your room to see..... No one.

It's been two years since you and Sebastian talked, you promised him you'll keep in touch, but it just made everything so much difficult for the both of you. The text messages became frequent and he's getting too close for comfort.

You took it upon yourself to slowly remove him in your life... He's probably forgotten all about you, the thought that he's moved on is making your stomach turn. Of course, your feelings haven't changed, not even a bit. You often think about what you would do if you bumped into him on the street. And honestly? You have no idea how you'll react, or if he'd even notice you. You changed your hair, and the way you dress, life's been comfortable when you stopped stressing out about your relationship.

It gets lonely sometimes though, in your house that's always empty. You're almost never home, because you doubled your hours in the hotel since Chris asked to be transferred to another branch together with Natasha. And you're happy, because in such a long time, Chris is finally in love, again.. and that Natasha has changed for the better made it all seem okay for them to be together. You do admit that you were a horrible girlfriend to Chris, the constant babble about Sebastian, drunken nights and Chris knowing you're still in love with your ex.

What sane person would think that's okay?

So before Chris left the hotel, you're in good terms with him and Nat. You even hang out with him on the weekends, a good bonding over beer, catching up to whatever's happening in your life, it was all good.

'Am I good, though?' Is what you often ask yourself, are you really free from the heart ache, that is Sebastian? You answer 'Yes. In a way, I suppose.'

But you know the truth, it just keeps getting harder and harder for you to keep on going knowing Sebastian is not at home waiting for you. His bar at the hotel closed down and was moved to the other hotel branch across town, you never saw him after that.

Your hope was never lost though, because on numerous occassions, the company would let you go on duty to that hotel, but still, no sign of him. Like he just disappeared. You couldn't blame him though, that was what you wanted him to do.

That was the old version of you. The version who kept on worrying, kept on hoping and was love-sick.

The morning was beautiful and the smell of dew still evident caused by the rain from last night. Rubbing the sleep off your eyes, you slowly got up and went to the bathroom, looking at yourself in the mirror, you sighed, "Another day, Y/N.. You can do this."

You whispered to yourself and smiled. As you were preparing for the shower, your phone rang and you quickly answered it, "Hello?"

"Y/N? You're not on your way to the hotel right now, are you?" Tony, the new branch manager who replaced Chris.

"Uhh, no.. I'm still getting ready. Why? Is there a problem?"

"Not really.. Well, yes. That girl Sharon? You remember her? Sharon Carter? She works as a receptionist at the hotel brach across town."

"Oh, yeah.. I remember her. She was nice. What happened to her?"

"She just quit her job, and we don't have anyone else to cover her.. Chris can't do it alone since people come to that hotel more often than they do here. Can you please--"

"No worries, sir.. I can do it. I might run a little late though?"

"No, it's fine. Just be there before two, okay?"